All reviews full kitchen the owner unit stove ferry office grizzly
Reviewed 25 September 2018

The motel, owned by the Nuxalt Band consists of five cottages, each with 2 self-contained units. Interior finishing, furnishings and decor are reminiscent of construction camp lodging--(gasp!). It takes a little getting used to. There is a spacious central room with sofa, flat screen t.v. with cable, dining table with 2 chairs, an alcove (not a separate room) with 2 beds, full kitchen with refrigerator/freezer, microwave, stove/oven, and sink, and necessary cooking utensils. And a separate bathroom. Electric floor heat (no air conditioning) which took a bit experimentation to obtain the ideal room temperature. The mattress on one of the 2 beds was worn out; but the other was fine. But once I settled in, the unit had all the comforts of home. The bathroom had adequate quantity of towels, plus towels for use in the kitchen. The unit was clean. But if you are superstitious, beware: the motel is built on an old graveyard. In fact, the view from the bathroom of unit #3 included an old gravestone. Gravestones were adjacent to some of the other units as well. Maybe it is best not to sleepwalk on moonless nights!

Room tip: All rooms are quiet -- hotel is built on a graveyard
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mountainoutin
Reviewed 20 September 2018

I travel regularly to Bella Coola for business, and this THE place for me to stay. It's cozy, clean, and the view of the mountains and river spectacular. This visit staff was not able to accommodate me one out of 4 nights, and they offered me to stay in the motel office. Wow. Not only is it brand new, with bedroom and bathroom, but Francine and staff fitted it like their regular rooms. Hoping next year to take the ferry in with my husband for a little vacation.

Room tip: Unit 7 has two beds.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2017

This is a beautiful older style motel, with views facing tall mountains and the sound of the nearby river. It was clean, well appointed with fabulous water pressure in the showers, and a comfortable bath.

We had to get some help checking in because Fran, who runs it, had some stuff to deal with that day and our phone was not getting a signal. No problem! Chris, at Copper Sun Gallery just called her up while we browsed the artwork, and it was all sorted. Remember, these are real people in a real community - so if you have any issues just persevere with kindness and patience and you will be rewarded with the same if you need it (like we did, but that is another story!)

We needed an extra key so our party could split up and do our own thing - no problem - they had one cut especially! The person who was servicing rooms told us about the grizzly in the neighborhood, which was nice, and made us feel part of things. Everyone we met staying there was wonderful, this place attracts a special kind of traveller. I wanted to stay the winter, and was jealous of one person who was doing just that. I cannot wait to bring my elderly parents and friends to this wonderful place.

Thank you so much from the girls with the rented jeep who didn't read ferry schedules properly. Til next time...!!

Room tip: Our unit on the end had views on 2 sides, we kept the curtains at the end open at night hoping to see the grizzly but no luck!
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Rose V
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Bella Coola Motel. The suite had everything I needed and was quiet and immaculately clean. The place is centrally located within walking distance of many things. And the owner was wonderful.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank LJA718
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

The room was clean. Loved having a kitchen. The bed was comfortable. The Wi-Fi was really fast. The motel is walking distance to the grocery, hardware and liquor stores. Will stay there again if in town.

Date of stay: September 2016