All reviews tent trailer washroom facilities hot tub old growth rv park mosquito population enjoyed our stay lake wifi duplex necessities bakery highway furnishings bc
Reviewed 12 August 2018

My wife and I were in one of the duplex units for 4 nights in July. We met 2 of our daughters and their families they were in the RV park. Our room was excellent and we really enjoyed our stay. Hope to do this again soon.
Ron

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ron N
KokaneeCam, Public Relations Manager at Kokanee Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for coming and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Came here last fall to enjoy the fall colors and had a nice time at the end of the season. Came this year around 4th of July and the mosquito population was unbelievable. Be warned. Couldn't enjoy the outdoors at all without slathering up with chemicals.

Date of stay: July 2018

We had a really wet June and yes there were quite a few in July. There are hardly any now! Come back. Maybe August would be your favorite month here. :)

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Understand what you are getting... The pictures of the Chalets from the website may be a little dated (like decades).
We rented two Chalets, picture below, when we arrived the first thing was that they attempted to charge more than I had been quoted. When I called them on the pricing, I was told that they just moved to "high season" and the price was higher. I explained that it was not what I was quoted and they did me a "favor" by honoring the price I was given a week earlier when it was not "high season" - interesting that their season changed sometime between June 15th when I made the reservations and June 23rd when we arrived.
The Chalets are extremely dated as are the furnishings. I will say they were pretty clean.
The problem comes with others who use the campground/chalets as long term, low end housing. As in other reviews, it was closer to a trailer park, complete with fights, drunks and a police raid at 1:30AM.
Entertaining if you are awake however not so much if you are rode weary and woken by law enforcement yelling "come out with your hands over your head" at the Chalet next to you.
This place might have been rustic in the 80's, it has slid down that scale in the last 40 years...
Drive on by... the best view of this place is in your rear view mirror.

One last item, the tiny bakery in a single wide mobile home in the campground, by the road, makes great pastries and breakfast sandwiches. The only true positive note.

Room tip: Find another location
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
KokaneeCam, Public Relations Manager at Kokanee Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Hi Brad,
As the web designer who goes and takes pictures of everything every year and updates the website and social media pages - I can tell you that some of the photos are at most 3 years old. There are also a lot of photos from 2017 and also new ones from 2018.

Regarding the outdated-ness of the cabins - we are working on renovating them one by one. We know they need to be more stylish. However, as you pointed out, they are well kept and clean. We live in a temperate inland rainforest and yes, there is moss.

We pride ourselves on being an affordable place for families to have a vacation. We could double the rate and renovate all the cabins - but that would exclude many amazing families from being able to afford it. We are doing the best we can to improve while maintaining what makes Kokanee Chalets special.

Regarding the "police raid" - we had to call police to deal with a guest who was out of control and belligerent. He was keeping everyone awake with his behavior. That guest has been banned for life from our property.

We sincerely apologize and are saddened that this was your experience. It is NOT typical.

If you call into the office (250)227-9292 and speak with Paul we would be happy to find a way to make it up to you.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Close to the lake, several artisans, and the Kootenay Ferry. The mosquitoes were the worst I've ever had while camping but that's no fault of the owners, but it did put a damper on the week, unfortunately.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review. You're right the mosquitos were a bit worse this year. We had a nice wet spring and hopefully, we will have fewer forest fires in the area because of it. I wish there was something we could do to make the little fellers dislike people...but the best we can do is recommend people bring bug spray and a citronella burner for outside.

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

A lovely place in quiet Crawford Bay, Kokanee Chalets and RV has it all; cabins, tent sites and full hook up rv sites. There is a lovely walking path through grass and marsh land to the sandy beach which at a 10-15 minute walking distance is a nice walk, I wouldn’t want to walk it laden down will beach stuff, snacks, drinks, and kids. Back on site there is also a bakery and the office sells the basic camping necessities like wood, ice and bug spray. My favourite amenity is the hot tub under the covered gazebo! What a nice extra that I’ve never experienced at an rv site before. We used it every evening. Kokanee Chalets is very close to town so if you forget or run out of anything the market is 5 mins away. The rv sites are a mix of long term and short term RV’ers, everyone is very nice and friendly and respects the quiet hours. The grounds are clean and well taken care of, clean bathrooms and clean free showers. The owners and office staff were very friendly and helpful; during our stay there was a power outage in town and staff went to each site to let the guests know what was going on. We will defiantly be back.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review Rolo! This is what we hope everyone experiences when they come here.

Have a great day!