All reviews tent trailer washroom facilities hot tub old growth rv park mosquito population enjoyed our stay lake wifi necessities duplex bakery highway furnishings bc
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a lovely spot right on the main road and a short drive from the beach. The cabins are scattered under giant shade trees. My extended family reunion returned here for the August long weekend. There were two other family reunions there as well, but there were no obvious problems as the place was easy to share with more than one firepit area and a campground on-site for those who prefer that style of holiday.

My daughter and I and her dog really enjoyed our A-frame cabin. It was spacious and fairly well-equipped. The bathroom appeared to have been recently renovated and featured a lovely large shower. My daughter used the bedroom on the main floor while I had one of the two upstairs under the pitched room. The open stairs are narrow and a bit tricky to negotiate, but I managed even though I am well into my senior years. We thought it might be hot for sleeping but it was very pleasant. The wifi wasn't the best, but it worked most of the time. Our only real complaint was that the oven in the stove wasn't working, and we weren't made aware of the problem until we went to use it. I was able to use the oven in another family member's cabin, but, if we had been alone, it would have been a problem.

Room tip: If highway noise is a problem, ask for a unit away from the main road. Book very early for summer long weekends as they fill up early.
Date of stay: August 2014
1  Thank aquamaureen
KokaneeCam, Public Relations Manager at Kokanee Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2015

So sorry to hear about the oven! We will do our best to ensure that all appliances are in excellent working condition for all of our guests. Thank you so much for your review and for visiting us.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Second time staying at this Resort while in the area for Starbelly Jam Music Festival. Booked last year as we were leaving. Stayed in the hotel portion of the property as there were just two of us. Beds very comfortable. Thoroughly appreciate the cleanliness of the room, and the property. Right across the highway from the festival so easy access. Beach just a 10 minute walk or 2 minute drive away. Hope to get a Chalet next year as a couple more friends will be coming with us.

Great get away! Lots of character and well looked after. Reasonably priced.

Room tip: All rooms appear to be well situated. I ask for a room facing away from the highway
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the compliment about our cleanliness. I'll be sure to pass it on to our cleaning staff!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My 82 year old father and I were on what we dubbed our Triple E Adventure (Eric and Eric's Excellent Adventure! lol ) This was a week of hot springs and golf. We hit Crawford bay so we could try out Kokanee Springs Golf Course.
Checking into the chalets was a pleasure. The owner was on the desk and was a very friendly knowledgable fellow who was passionate about his community

There are a number of A frame chalets on the property and we stayed in one of them. They are nothing fancy but they are clean and well kept and we had a great nights sleep. Right next door is the community grass strip runway and Dad and I joked the whole time about the expected (in our imaginations) 747 :-) It made for great banter!!

Date of stay: May 2014
1  Thank Coastal299418
KokaneeCam, Public Relations Manager at Kokanee Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

We are happy that you enjoyed your Triple E adventure! We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Poor organizational bookings for our large party of just under 50 people.

Yes we were noisy the first night of the 3 we stayed regardless of the thousands we dropped, there he he showed his appreciation with sticking his fingers and shouting in women's faces that were trying to talk about the problem we created.

But then again his family were the drama queens ranting, raving, crying and slamming doors.

But that's okay because this place is all about Paul, his family and of course his bike which happens to be the same ride God rides. I'm left with an impression that it's all "about him", including the bad people skills and arrogance he displays!

Needless to say, a service charge of $31.50 for coming and designating me to reset the electrical breaker that was constantly tripping during our breakfast gathering.

Wrong type of business for you Bud, good luck with that!

Date of stay: May 2014
4  Thank Blain S

Kokanee Chalets Resort is a family orientated atmosphere. We pride ourselves on being clean, quiet and fun for everyone who stays with us. Belligerence, loud noise, and rowdy groups at night will not be tolerated as it has an affect on everyone at the resort - not just the people making the noise.

We are committed to our policies regarding rowdy night time behavior and people or groups who choose not to follow them will be confronted and may be asked to leave our resort. Everyone gets the same treatment. No matter how much money they spend.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We camped at Kokanee Chalets 4 yrs ago and really liked the area and the Campground so much that we put our name in for a seasonal spot for the following year. As luck would have it we got a call that fall for a spot and jumped at the oppurtunity. We just love it here, Paul and the rest of the staff have been so good to us, They go out of their way to make us comfortable. The park is quiet, not a party atmosphere that most parks have, and Paul makes sure of it. There's a public beach 10 min away, lot's of hiking trails close buy, we golf Riondel when were down there, Half Hour drive from the park, Great course for the novice golfers. I own a Boat and Moore it 10 min from the Campground, Great fishing in Kootenay Lake, Rainbow up to 25lbs, Kookanee, Bull Trout etc. Water in the summer is great for swimming and water skiing, My wife and I enjoy Kayaking if were not fishing. We tend to spend alot of our time on the lake which makes having our own spot at Kokanee Chalets so nice, sit and relax on our deck, or enjoying a fire in the evening with friends, anyway you look at it it"s has everything to offer and more.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Dale R

Thank you so much Dale and Trudy for the awesome review! We look forward to providing you with the same quality of stay over the coming years :)