“Great Food in Creston”

Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Creston
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 12
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Healthy
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Down to Earth Wholesome Goodness Hearty Portions, friendly staff non-smoking outdoor patio with wheelchair access. Exciting dishes using locally sourced ingredients, almost everything made from scratch, Gluten Free and Vegetarian friendly.Real British Fish and Chips and the best homemade desserts including Sticky Toffee Pudding and Bread Pudding with local cherries, white chocolate and whiskey sauce.
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Four of us were camping in Creston and decided to treat ourselves to a meal in a restaurant after a long day of winery tours, hiking and sightseeing. We chose the Real Food Cafe. We entered from the street side and it almost seemed like we were in the wrong place. After descending some stairs we were directed to a lovely deck with lots of sunshine and flowers. The waitress was friendly and helpful. We had some local wine along with appetizers of mussels and another of fresh asparagus in a hollandaise sauce. They were both excellent. I had the cod with mango sweet and sour sauce over rice. It was very tasty. My wife had the curried chicken on fettuccine noodles. Her meal was very good as well. Our friends enjoyed their dishes too. They had fish and chips and chicken Alfredo on fettuccine noodles. Only one dessert was ordered as we were too full from the fabulous meal. It was a bread pudding with caramel sauce served with ice cream. It too was excellent. We were very pleased with our choice of restaurants and I can recommend the Real Food Cafe to anyone.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

I was overnight in Creston staying at a local B and B. I went to this cafe for dinner (they are open until 8) and found a the food and service of a high quality. I ate the chicken tikka (the menu was varied with salads, burgers, sandwiches, and pasta, but I chose the chicken tikka). It was very satisfying and tasty. The price was pretty average and the meal was filling. It was great to have a satisfying meal after a long day.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Real Food Cafe was recommended to us by our B & B hostess. It was just a 5 minute walk. My husband had the special of the day, cod topped with a mango sauce over brown rice & mixed vegetables in a sweet & sour sauce. I had the Traditional British Fish & Chips. Couldn't resist the Sticky Toffee Pudding for dessert. Everything was amazing and the service was excellent. We ate inside (relief from 30 degrees) but they also have a nice outdoor patio in the rear. When I logged in to write this, I see they are rated #1. Deservedly so! When you drive through Creston, stopping here is a must!

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Great recommendation. We lucked out. You will not be disappointed, ask to sit outside on their deck.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

We had this restaurant referred to use by our motel owner Ann . Family run business and fresh food prepared by a Chef, Value priced .