We stayed at this lodge in September. I had read all the trip advisor comments and went with an open mind. This was one of 6 places we stopped in Canada. I will start with positives we had a delux lodge, and it was okay. A little small and next to lots of other lodges. They informed us we had a lake view, if you think a view through a range of trees and then a view of the river then yes we had a lake view.
1) housekeeping poor never even bothered to tidy the towels etc
2) We booked dinner and it was awful, the restaurant, and the waiters are trying to be something it is not. A beef pie contains pork! The food was indeed overpriced and not tasty.
3) breakfast, yes it may be free but it is poor! No hot selection!
Overall the experience was poor. We left early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy our Timber Frame lodge located in stunning Yoho National Park on the banks of the Kicking Horse River; providing unsurpassed guest excellence and attention to detail while surrounded by the lovingly re-claimed Douglas Fir post and beams. If you love the great outdoors but also love luxurious comfort, Cathedral Mountain Lodge is your perfect Canadian Rockies destination. Allow us to indulge all of your culinary senses at our Riverside Restaurant and Lounge, featuring Western Canada's best in-season regional cuisine, complimented by our diverse well-crafted wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Cathedral Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cathedral Mountain Hotel Field