“Good soup and surprisingly good bread!”
Review of Wild Poppy Bistro

Wild Poppy Bistro
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Ladysmith
Reviewed 17 July 2015

I didn't know this was a gluten-free restaurant when I went in ... didn't notice till I ordered. I was quite aprehensive as I've tried gluten-free bread before and almost gagged! The soup (a good home-made pea/ham soup) came with a hot roll that was moist and tender. You could hardly tell it wasn't a 'normal' roll. It doesn't have a huge menu but I can definitely vouch for the soup! A nice find in Ladysmith!

Reviewed 9 July 2015

The food in this bistro is probably some of the best I have ever had, their salads are simply amazing. I love the location for people watching

Reviewed 10 June 2015

Nice little spot for a bite to eat; air-conditioned and friendly staff. Drove to Ladysmith to meet a friend and sat there for a couple of ours over lunch and didn't feel at all pressured to give up the table. Food is good and prices are decent as well. I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed 28 May 2015

I was so pleasantly surprised to find a gem of a place for lunch this week in Ladysmith. I had the Parmesan risotto cakes with salad and the flavours were a wonderful blend, both the salad with creamy dill dressing and the cakes. Everything on the menu appealed to me and it was delightful to find some new and interesting lunchtime options - all gluten-free!

Reviewed 22 May 2015

Met with friends for a coffee. What a lovely little corner. Service was wonderful. Atmosphere awesome. Only had coffee and tea, but looked at the options that were being served to others and what was offered on the menu and would love to return for a meal next time we return to the coast. It's now on our list of places to eat!

1  Thank Lynda D