All reviews decent breakfast fridge and microwave hot tub convenient location complimentary breakfast highway victoria pool nanaimo forest tv amenities
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Very nice new hotel. Well appointed with good furnishins and amenities. Room is imaculate, front desk staff very welcoming and helpful on arrival. Room is quiet even though on the ground floor and close to the highway. Would definitely return to this hotel in the future.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Peter W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Oyster Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Thank you, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

This was our first Microtel and we certainly enjoyed it. The room was spacious and well appointed with good amenities, The bathroom was a bit cramped and there wasn't much closet space, but I guess that's where the micro in the name comes from. We arrived late and left early so we didn't avail ourselves of the spa, pool. etc. The fridge and microwave were convenient. The only disadvantage was that the location makes for a long haul in to town and there is nowhere to eat nearby except a couple of fast food places.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Oyster Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Thank you for your comments, did you consider Ladysmith only 2 minutes away with many restaurants to choose from.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

Hotel is new and clean. Easy to access from the highway. It has a pool with a water slide and decent breakfast. My room with 2 beds had not much space left, but was clean and equipped with modern TV and appliances.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is new and I seen the construction as it was being built. I needed a place to stay close to Duke Point Ferry terminal so I chose this hotel as I am a Wyndam rewards member. I reserved a room and when we arrived we stood at front desk for 20 minutes waiting for someone, anyone to show up behind desk, finally a girl came from housekeeping and checked us in. The room we got was far smaller than others I have stayed for Wyndam. The tub, when you shower, creeks and bangs making you think your going to fall through floor, creepy. When we checked out out bill went up cause of pet fees, I reserved pet room told housekeeper who checked us in we had a parrot then we check out and bill was done she says " oh you had a pet sorry there is a pet fee. I am use to pet fees but not after I pay a bill and not after making it known I have pet. Never received Wyndam rewards points, no discount for being a member and it is pretty expensive for it's location.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Oyster Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, charging a pet fee on your departure when it was our fault for not checking you in properly is wrong. I am therefore going to refund the pet fee. I will also look at why you didn't get your Wyndham rewards points too.

Thank you for letting me know.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Very nice people, extremely clean and great room. Even though I was there on business I would bring my family back to enjoy the pool and waterslide. Only 25 min form Nanaimo and five min from Ladysmith its a great place to stop and relax.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Peter W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Oyster Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you for your kind review, hope to see you again.