“EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY AND DELICIOUS DISHES”

Silver House Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 199 Restaurants in Maple Ridge
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I need to add: extremely friendly service - just like being home. We were welcomed by who seemed to be the owner and she was the gracious host all the way. This place is simple and small but full of warmth and friendly faces.

There were 8 of us and we ordered the set dinner for 6 which cost around CAD$95. And for that, we got a dinner fit for 60 people! We really loved every dish in the set. I especially liked the fried vegetable wrap (we call it “lumpia” back home), the honey garlic fried ribs, and the hot and sour soup (which was extra). We also had the Spicy Hunan noodles. This was also very good although its spiciness is a North American standard. This dinner menu is really excellent value for money.

There is no parking for this restaurant, but you can park by the road if you intend to leave in 2 hours. As the service in the restaurant is quick, you can do a good meal within 2 hours.

If I come back to this area, I will definitely have a meal in Silver House.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick lunch. Service was prompt, even with what seemed to be a new server. Food was great as always. This is our go to place for Chinese food.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I have lived here for 25 years and up until last week had never tried this restaurant. We ordered 3 dishes for take out. It was about 30.00 and we got 6 meals out of it. Tha'ts pretty good value! I am sensitive to food additives, flavors, preservatives etc. and I was just fine after this meal. We will be ordering from here from now on.

1  Thank Karen W
Reviewed 25 April 2017

We have been going to this restaurant for 15 plus years and we used to recommend it to anyone who was talking about going for Chinese food, but the last year or more it has been going down hill. We went for dinner on the 22nd and not only was the food lousy (other than the sweet and sour Pork} but the service was horrible.
When we arrived the only people their were staff and our order was taken quickly. But when the food came it was bland and was not at all what it used to be.
In the booth next to us was one of the Chefs sleeping (snoring) with his feet up on a chair outside of the booth. I guess that should have been our first hint that the cook was off the job.
More people came in and sat at 2 different tables and waited and waited for any sort of service. One lady went up to the pick up counter and asked if they could get a menu and service and were told they were busy with call in orders so they would be 5 or more minutes...not even a menu... The other table got up and left. We waited forever for them to pack up our leftover food.
Not happy at all and now that we have tried it several times in the last year or so and nothing has gotten better, but it is now worse so that is it for us. We will not go back again. So sad.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Out of all the places I have tried I find this is the best. We usually get fried rice, chicken balls, sweet and sour pork, almond chicken, chicken choi mein... rice could use some improvement but over well it's good enough to keep me coming back!