“Good takeout sushi bar”

Sushi Bar Lori
Ranked #41 of 199 Restaurants in Maple Ridge
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 28 September 2016

We decided to try this newer sushi restaurant in Maple Ridge. We found it is more of a take out place than an actual restaurant. There are only 2 tables for 4, and 1 table for 2, plus seating at the bar for about 4-6 people. As there were 5 of us, we had to cram around a very small 4 person table, which made it really cramped once our food started to arrive.
We were disappointed to find that there are no dinner box combos offered, it's strictly a la carte , although there are bento boxes offered for lunch only. This makes dinner quite a bit more expensive than we had anticipated, especially with a group of 5.
We ordered a variety of different rolls, sushi, sashimi, edamame, gyoza, tempura, sunomono salad and miso soup. The rolls were generously filled, and the sashimi was nice are fresh, although it was not cut well. Several pieces were over sized, and although they use only wild salmon, it came in several tiny bits and pieces, instead of a nice bite sized piece. The octopus came in chunks that were very rubbery and difficult to chew. The only real disappointment was the tempura. The batter was overly heavy and very greasy.
The only real complaint is that the prices are a tad high for basically a take out place, and more reflective of a full service eat in restaurant, which this place definitely is not.

1  Thank Katnelsen

Reviewed 16 September 2016

I think we have found our new go to sushi place. We called at the end of the night so we expected that maybe it wouldn’t be super great – but everything was spot on. Presentation was beautiful and the flavors and balance of everything was perfect. The pricing was very reasonable for the portion sizes that you got. We were very happy and really enjoyed our rolls.

1  Thank Emily J
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Sushi is good, service poor. Ordered special items, repeated several times as she never wrote it down. She of course got it wrong, I accepted after she said she would return it, but this was frustrating. Last time I was there I went to the washroom only to find she had given my table up and there were people sitting at my table when I got to washroom. Very disrespectful ...will not go again. There are slot of good sushi places in Maple Ridge.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

I have ordered takeout here many times and it has always been good. They offer fast takeout, not really a dine in restaurant all though they do have a few tables.

1  Thank 44Sam
Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

Great little sushi restaurant in Maple Ridge. Extremely friendly service and even the sushi makers were very welcoming!

The food was fresh, tasty and well made. I highly recommend the Dragon roll, just bursting with flavor. Even the miso soup tasted of a higher quality than many other sushi places we have been.

Top marks for these guys. I would definitely come back next time I'm in Maple Ridge and crave some good quality Sushi.

One thing to keep in mind is the seating area is a bit small. But the restaurant is very clean and well kept.

1  Thank Attila S