All reviews dining room one night salmon nice place to stay ferry terminal meal package overlooking the beach shuffle board sea view excellent restaurant beautiful sunset half way coffee maker patio doors nice view attached restaurant room was large
Reviewed 23 September 2017

We stayed in the Motel across the street from the Main Hotel. Our view was of the parking lot, but the room was large and had everything we needed. From reviews we read, we thought the accommodation would be average and that the dinner at the attached restaurant was going to be extraordinary. The opposite was true, the accommodation far exceeded our expectations but we were underwhelmed by the restaurant. The menu was dated, and needed something new with more flavour. My husband had the shrimp as an appetizer and was disappointed to see it was small salad shrimp in a mayo based sauce. We both had the cod, mine was served with a lemon drizzle and my husband’s was served with a tomato salsa. The food was not bad but it was not what we expected after reading all the reviews. The dining room was very dated but saying that the view of the river was fantastic

Room tip: Motel room was very good
Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We stopped to sleep here before an early morning ferry crossing. Room are very average, clean but very outdated and, unfortunately, you can hear you neighbors. However, you have a great view of the St-Lawrence. Friends had recommended that we try the restaurant - very good recommendation. The food was very tasty, and well presented. Good wine selection. Not cheap, but worth it. They also have a variety of smoked fish. Not my cup of tea, but my wife liked them.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Booked in for night travelling from Baie Comeau to Matane on a motorcycle trip. Ferry arrived at 8:30 PM, but motel advised restaurant would accommodate us on arrival (normally closes at PM) We checked in a restaurant was fully seated, advised to take our time, but we would accommodated. Offered A meal package on check-in, but we declined, my advisers take it the package. It included a four corse supper and breakfast the next day. We opted for a la carte since we were so late in the evening. The food here is 5*, portions were filling, cooked to perfection, ( I had the fillet Mignon, it was perfect). I hate to order steak as it is normally overdone, this was awesome. Wife had seafood chowder, it was amazing. Dining experience was 5* in my book, but I am a biker, not a New York culinary snob, The room that I had, garden view, is nothing to rave about, the restaurant is a total surprise. Breakfast was awesome, had the Eggs Benedict on Salmon, they smoke their own. Next time will do things in reverse, staying in Matane and catching the ferry in the morning to enjoy all this place has to offer. They have sea view rooms at a higher cost, may be worth the upgrade if you had the time to enjoy, and the weather. Staff was very friendly and majority coulee speak english.

Room tip: Meal plan offered at check in is good value compared to a la carte
Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 26 July 2017

As I mentioned, we left Montreal by car heading east and stayed at the Hotel Belle Plage in Matane which is half way to Percé,Qc. We had reserved a room ahead of time and advised them that we would be bringing our dog. The rate changed by 10 $ once we got there and were switched to a room on the other side of the water. Regardless, its one of these hotels off the road, quiet, clean, nothing special.

Room tip: Ask to be in the hotel section whick is on the water. More quaint and interesting.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

The staff here were wonderful and very accommodating to our large group of 15. We stayed in the part of the hotel that is directly across the street from the main entrance. Our rooms were comfortable and our meals were great. My main issue was the noise from the refrigerator that kept me awake.

Date of stay: July 2017