“Great location, good room, cheap service for a Hilton”

Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We are a family of four who went to Tremblant for a downhill and cross-country ski vacation Jan 2-6. We chose the hotel for several reasons: location (close to the downhill), the kitchenettes (with food allergies, we need to make some of our own), the name (for almost $400 per night before taxes and parking, we expected amazing service), the hot-tub. We booked a "1QN/1DBL FIRPLC STE NOSMOK" several months in advance.

On the plus-side: the kitchen was well-equipped, good-sized fridge; location was perfect for the downhill skiers; hot tub was AMAZING.

The rest: We had a lot of luggage, ski gear, groceries, etc. We thought we were lucky when we found a luggage cart, but then because of the bizarre design of the hotel, its usefulness was limited (stairs everywhere). When we got to our room, first we noticed some kind of air freshener/ozonator gizmo plugged in, whirring away in our kitchen. Then when I looked in the bedroom, there were two double beds, not one queen. So after all the hassle of getting everything to our room, I had to go back to the reception. They sent someone about an hour later to get rid of the gizmo. However, when I mentioned we had two doubles instead of a queen, I was appalled at the reaction. "Oh yes, that's an exception, you get three beds instead of two (as in, you get a bonus!). There's nothing else available." No "we're sorry", no advance notice, they just sent us to our room to deal with it. Very poor for a Hilton. She did say that maybe the next day we could switch rooms, but we were there to ski, not to spend our time packing & unpacking our stuff.

Anyway, that was a disappointment, I probably would've overlooked it. But with everything else, I got ticked off, considering this was a Hilton, and the price we were paying. For example: on our first full day, I was returning to my room around 3 p.m. and the room had not been cleaned yet. I saw a housekeeper in the lobby and asked when it would be done. She said something about being busy, but then I mentioned that the rest of us would be back within an hour (lifts close at 3:30, it doesn't take a genius to figure out people need their rooms by 4:00). So our room was done by 4, except the garbage wasn't emptied, and the coffee & dishwasher powder weren't refilled.

The next day, they didn't come until almost 3:30, when my son was there alone. He was caught off-guard, uncomfortable & said it was ok if they didn't make the room. We got there a few minutes later, called down & said, yes, we'd like the room cleaned and they said they'd be there before 5. So at 4:50, I called down & got the front desk. Asked if we would get service & she said all they had on record was that we refused service. After insisting that we at least needed towels and the garbage emptied (since it wasn't done the previous day), they sent a porter (who did a great job).

The big window in our living room did not close properly & there was a bad draft coming in (I had to stuff paper in it, and reported it to the front desk). At the hot tub, the towels ran out one afternoon. I went back later that evening and the towels had never been replenished. The breakfasts are pretty low quality - scrambled eggs, some sodium/nitrite-loaded meat, and the usual cereal, juices, etc. I only took advantage of the coffee. But on our last morning, I wanted to get some orange juice & milk for the four of us, so I brought up two pitchers that were in our room. One of the servers there VERY LOUDLY, embarrassingly, told me it wasn't allowed. I told her I wasn't filling them, I just needed a bit, and she said the only way was to use eight disposable cups. So much for the environment! And so much for class.

We were not allowed to bring our skis to our room and were given locks. Unfortunately, they are useless for cross-country skis (the XC skis slide out of the rack). We tried using them anyway, worried someone would steal our skis. On the last day, one of the locks went missing (stolen - I think maybe we didn't leave it locked). When I mentioned this at the desk, it was almost as if she was proud that we would pay an extra $30 for the "lost" lock. No sympathy whatsoever.

All in all, I just felt like we were imposing, I was not impressed, it did not feel like a Hilton. I will look for other suites next time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BibiOntario
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant

Reviewed 6 January 2012

I've stayed at this property twice over the last year and a half. The rooms are HUGE. The location is AMAZING. You get up in the morning and look out the window to see the mountain and the slopes right at your feet. It is in the center of Mt. Tremblant. The gigantic outdoor hottub is AMAZING and we had tons of good times in there. The staff is ok. Not overly friendly or helpful, just ok, but the rest of the hotel and the location is unbeatable for Mt. Tremblant.

Room Tip: As for a room looking at the mountain- those are usually bigger. Ours had one of those beds you pull...
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Travelled with 4 kids (9,7,5,2)

Location: excellent, close to ski school and shops, food, etc
Space: tight, but still good
Service: pretty good

Overall: Breakfast had good variety (cereal, scrambled eggs, toast, bagel, yogurt, juice, coffee, muffins, etc). Managers special from 4-6pm featured chili, Mac n cheese, carrot soup, meat pies, and juice or coffee.

We flew on Porter and it was worth it. Very convenient shuttle takes you direct to the hotel from airport. They even load your things onto the shuttle from the airplane.

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank HoangCheng
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Great suites; hot tub outdoor; close to all skiing, shopping, skating, tubing! Friendly service!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank sjgervais
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stayed preseason (week before Xmas) and it was wonderful. Found a good rate (149CA) on Hilton's website, decent breakfeast and light supper (soup, mac and cheese, chips and salsa). Onsite dry sauna and hot tub (outside). Didn't see another hotel with these amenities for this price.Free Wifi. Parking $10 in garage or free in village. Firm bed, nice sheets. 2 minute walk to slopes. Stayed in studio w/kitchen -- big, deep bathtub (water right below my shoulders and I'm 5'6!) Housekeeper even did our dishes! Be sure to ask for a room of the lake view, we are overlooking a parking lot which is kinda lame. Super friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Ask for lakeside room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple