Just 20 miles from the Vermont border is an Inn that has the feeling of the French countryside. The feel of the Inn is very french, but everyone speaks English.The service is outstanding and staff could not be more accommodating , especially Marc at the front desk. For my husband and I the charm was the lakeside setting, the well tended gardens , the boats and the bikes and the heated pool. The communal area both inside and out are charming.
We took a canoe to the town of North Hatley from the inn and you could tie up the boat and have a snack ,about 40 minutes each way. Another day we biked the bike path out of North Hatley past beautiful waterfalls ( bring a picnic)- from the tourist center go right then right on Vaughn st. The bikes at the inn were good so no need to bring your own. Just sitting on the chairs on the dock with beautiful vistas will make you unwind quickly. The food, as others have commented is good but for us several days of large meals is a bit much. While not advertised, you can opt for days with meals and some without.
We stayed in the standard room, which are like nice hotel rooms without the lake view, yet all you have to do is go out of the inn and a lakeside seating is there, so we didn't miss a room view. While not much to do in the area you will enjoy the time at the inn. Even though it was full we did not feel crowded, people were quiet and courteous . There were very few children here, but teens would be happy, and it is not necessarily a family place.
This place has gotten many accolades from many publications and while expensive we thought it was a good value given the level of 5 star service and the lakeside property( when compared to Migis Lodge and Rock Gardens Inn in ME). We have already recommended it to our friends and we will be back.
One word of caution, Canadian room taxes are high, so figure that into the cost of your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 75 minutes from Montreal, Manoir Hovey is a 5 star Relais & Chateaux property on the shores of Lake Massawippi just outside of North Hatley, one of Quebec's most picturesque villages. Manoir Hovey is truly one of Canada’s most charming and romantic inns. We offer thirty-seven beautifully appointed bedrooms and suites, year-round activities, and host conferences, weddings and special events. Our award-winning four diamond restaurant, Le Hatley, showcases fine regional cuisine complemented by an extensive wine list. Overlooking the lake and surrounded by English gardens, the dining room has a tranquil setting with breathtaking views. An unforgettable experience to enjoy with your partner or your family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Manoir Hovey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir Hovey North Hatley
- Manoir Hovey Hotel North Hatley