Review Highlights
Fabulous Fun on the River!

Reviewed 16 September 2018
98bexd
via mobile
Soo much fun!

Reviewed 24 August 2018
Laura S
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews paddle boarding great afternoon lots of fun bodiam castle bushcraft paddling instructor archery introduction river stream activity
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We have visited the guys here to hire kayaks twice now: they are incredible. Down to earth, really friendly, no nonsense, trusting and wonderful scenery. We have spent two days padding along the river to Bodiam Castle and picnicking in the countryside. Great value: beautiful place and The Hub bar and restaurant next door is great for a drink afterwards! I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

I had my first try at paddle boarding yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. The instructor was friendly and patient, and I was soon paddling down the river with ease. Afterwards my daughter and I hired a tandem kayak and enjoyed another hour exploring the peaceful surroundings of the river and views of Bodiam. Highly recommend this company and I hope to be back soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We had a great paddle boarding taster whilst staying at The Original Hut Company. Ed was incredibly patient with us (especially me). Our children (11 and 8) loved every minute and are very keen to try it again. Thanks for a great time.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

As always Adventure Activities Sussex gave my daughter and her friends a warm welcome, a fun and exciting paddle boarding session, despite the weather. Any activity here makes a great present and in my experience has always been well organised by Pete and been a great way to keep both kids and grown ups entertained, out doors and active. Thank you again for doing what you do best, making water fun.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Three magical hours flew by filled with relaxing yoga, peaceful mindfulness and confidence-building paddle boarding all rolled into one.

Hannah is an amazing yoga instructor and started us off with calming stretches on the riverbank so that we were familiar with the positions once we were attempting them on the board later. She is so serene and extremely supportive, whatever level of yoga you are at.

Jo alleviated any worries or concerns we had in going into the session - falling into the river / not being very good - through her down-to-earth approach to mindfulness. She talked us through different methods to keep our minds in the here and now, so as to fully appreciate the experience and our stunning surroundings.

Cliff is extremely experienced on the water and his enthusiasm for paddle boarding was infectious. He talked us through the most efficient techniques and cleverly got us to gain confidence on the board by getting us to walking up and down on it.

I would highly recommend spending your Sunday morning with these amazing people and it's all part of the fun falling in!!

1  Thank Rosie G
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and our two friends tried Paddle Boarding today and it was absolutely fantastic.

We opted for the 45 min session, just in case we didn’t like it. What a mistake! We could have done it for hours.

We were given some basic instruction on the river bank before getting down to the nitty gritty.

Cliff, our instructor was great. Gave us great advice and had laughs along the way.

We all found ourselves in the river at one point, this is good luck apparently, it was shallow and warm so was actually quite nice.

We all agreed we would be going back again really soon!

1  Thank E6637PSgregw
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Dropped by on the offchance they had a couple of canoes free - and hurrah they had. Rented two for a really good price for an hour and really loved the stream. Staff helpful and we will be back as we are local.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We did a beginner's paddleboarding session yesterday evening, it was great fun! The super really enthusiastic instructor gave us a few tips and off down the River Rother we went, every now and then there was a big splash as someone lost their balance, including myself but the water was shallow and warm & we all really enjoyed it. Great value for money too as we were just on two hours and surprisingly a good workout for your body, I'm aching a little today but in a nice way - we will return definitely!

2  Thank AndyXKent
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We had the pleasure of hiring two tandem kayaks over a bank holiday weekend. My husband and I each took one of our kids and it was the perfect way to spend an afternoon together as a family.
The staff we super friendly and helpful locals who knew what they were talking about.
We are looking forward to going back soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I went for kayaking taster session with my wife and nephew, we had Pete as our trainer, who is a very cheerful and efficient trainer, none of us know how to swim, Pete given us confidence to us kayaks without any fear of drowning , despite being taster we spent good time doing kayaking and also learning how to control kayaks, we all had great fun time.