All reviews can't beat the price coffee machine microwave and mini fridge thoroughly enjoyed our stay location is fantastic convenience store ski lockers ski holiday good size common areas tubs lounge gear scenery
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Hotel is in an ideal location. Rooms do not get cleaned until after 4 days. No sugar alternative available. I loved staying on the hill and being able to go back to room for coffee and chili I had in the slow cooker. Rooms are a bit older and small.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
LCLFernie, Front Office Manager at Fernie Slopeside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Dear coupleand5kids,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us at the Fernie Slopeside Lodge. We take great pride in the service we provide to all of our guests, and I am disappointed to learn of your experience. While I was delighted to learn our location served your stay well, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by your room not being cleaned during your stay. I have passed your comments to our Housekeeping Manager to be addressed.

It is our genuine hope that you will give us the opportunity to improve and to deliver a truly remarkable experience on your next visit to Fernie. Please do not hesitate to connect with me directly if there is any way I can be of assistance or if you have any further feedback you wish to share, as we are always listening for ways we can improve our guest experiences.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We booked in to stay for all of February and were given a huge room (102) on the ground level that had its own rear door access.

Unfortunately this door was right next door to the hotels rear access door where the ski lockers are located.

This wouldn’t have been a problem if the rooms (102 and 103) were distinguishable as guest rooms.

But guests were none the wiser and therefore used our door/window to prop up their skis, kicked the room wall to clear snow off their boots, used our doorway as a storage spot for their gear (sometimes all day), a dumping ground for their rubbish and a congregation point late at night before heading inside.

These rooms have amazing potential with the size and instant access.

A simple solution would be to place a partition (like the one ski patrol have put up between them and room 103) between 102 and 103, and more importantly one between room 102 and the hotels rear access door. This would clearly mark the areas as guest rooms and add much needed privacy and reduce the noise etc.

Otherwise thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thank you Slopeside for an amazing holiday!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
LCLFernie, Front Office Manager at Fernie Slopeside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Dear Stefan & Erika,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Fernie Slopeside Lodge. I was glad to learn that the size of your room served your stay so well and that you enjoyed your holiday. I was disappointed however to learn of the inconvenience you experienced from other guests and for this I offer my sincere apologies. I have passed your comments to our General Manager to be taken into consideration for future projects, and will pursue putting up a temporary sign to help ensure future guests do not experience this same issue.

We hope to host you again on your next trip to Fernie. Please do not hesitate to connect with me if there is any way I can be of personal assistance or if you have any further feedback you wish to share, as we are always listening for ways we can improve our guest experiences.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

The rooms are dated, but everything worked fine. Cable tv on a small flat screen. Beds were comfortable. Room was very clean. Wifi was very slow - better off using cell coverage. They have two hot tubs, on the first day, one of them was room temperature, second day one was hot and one was very hot. Third day, both were not much more then room temperature. In my books a hot tub is extremely important after a day of skiing. Ended up just soaking in the bath tub in the room. Overall a pretty good experience, especially for the price - other hotels on the ski hill cost much more.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
LCLFernie, Front Office Manager at Fernie Slopeside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Dear Gibby,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Fernie Slopeside Lodge. I was glad to learn that your experience met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel amenities. I have passed your comments regarding the hot tub temperatures to our Maintenance Manager to ensure this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Great location.
Stayed for the long weekend, being right on the hill was so handy. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Have booked for next year already. Only one complaint the beds. New beds would be a good investment.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear calgarytravler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us at the Fernie Slopeside Lodge. With a goal to provide an exceptional alpine experience, I am delighted to learn that we have met your expectations and that our location at the base of Fernie Alpine Resort served your stay so well. Please accept my sincere apologies for any discomfort you experienced in your room due to your bed, I have passed your comments to our General Manager to be taken into consideration for future investments.

Your feedback will be shared with our team to inspire and motivate them to continue to deliver exceptional guest experiences. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you next year!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We stayed for 10 days in January 2018. In terms of location this lodge is on the hill and a very short stagger to the lifts and on hill food etc. As we love the snow the location couldn’t be better. It’s a very mid priced place and the rooms are a good size and clean. Ours had a coffee machine and a small fridge. On the downside two things, we had no WiFi in our room which was advertised and the hot tub is not very nice as it’s downstairs and indoors. Every other tub we have used on the hill in Fernie is outdoors and the scenery is superb. Staff very friendly and helpful as well.

Room Tip: Rooms near the reception desk have best chance of WiFi.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
LCLFernie, Front Office Manager at Fernie Slopeside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear Oldie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us at the Fernie Slopeside Lodge. With a goal to provide exceptional service, I am delighted to learn that we have met your expectations and that our service and location served your stay so well. Thank you for your feedback regarding the WiFi - our guests are welcome to use the Fernie Alpine Resort network free of charge, but I will put forth the idea of a separate network for our guests to our senior management.

Your feedback will be shared with our team to inspire and motivate them to continue to deliver exceptional guest experiences. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Fernie.