All reviews lodging company hot tub main floor apres ski ski resort deck condo hill fireplace convenience
Reviewed 19 December 2017

My wife and I have been loyal RCR members for two decades. Our usual property at Fernie for our two-or-three times a year getaway was booked (we are Calgary locals). We decided to try Snow Creek. Way back in October we booked a one-bedroom suite for January dates. Paid in full, including cancellation insurance. I just received a call from RCR that the "property is no longer available" due to the owner of the condo changing their minds about releasing the dates. We were offered an inferior studio suite, which I declined. Despite the RCR agent promising to get back to me almost immediately regarding alternatives, I have yet to hear anything as of several hours later.

My wife is an operating room nurse, and has to book vacation months in advance. My situation, as the owner of an engineering company is not much better.

This is entirely unacceptable, if not illegal.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CalgaryCaboTraveller
fernielodgingco, General Manager at Snow Creek Lodge by Fernie Lodging Co, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your booking experience with Snow Creek Lodge.

I am very disappointed to hear of your experience.

I wanted to provide some clarity as to what happened here. All units at Snow Creek Lodge are privately-owned by individual owners and Fernie Lodging Co rents these units to the public on their behalf. RCR acts as a wholesaler for Fernie Lodging Co. The unit you booked in October for a January visit was very suddenly and unexpectedly sold by the current owner, and the new owner decided they did not want to rent out their unit. This is what necessitated RCR having to move you to a different unit. This is a very rare occurrence, and we apologize unreservedly for the inconvenience.

However, we manage over 100 properties in Fernie (including over 20 over units at Snow Creek Lodge). I am certain we would be able to find suitable alternatives for your dates that, as you pointed out, you have booked off work in advance.

As for the service provided to you by RCR - I cannot speak directly to that. But I am disappointed in the unprofessional manner one of our wholesaler partners approached this situation. I encourage you to contact Fernie Lodging Co direct and one of our staff will be more than happy to look into your situation and ensure that you have a memorable ski trip this January.

Kind regards,
Brad Parsell
Fernie Lodging Co

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed in Snow Creek 309 for spring break. Great view of the hill, common area downstairs and BBQ's very handy. Unit missing some stuff like steak knives, paper towel, BBQ utensils etc but all in all a great Unit. Word of caution, it faces the hill so plan on hearing the groomers and beeping of the sleds at 6am.

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a two bedroom suite , number 101.
First, location is excellent. Located as a true ski in/ski out it offers real convenience. Be sure to go down Elk(46) for your final run so you can easily access the ski entrance to the building. Otherwise, you will have a traverse or uphill slog to get to the door. Also, maintain some speed as you come down Elk so you have momentum to get up to the door as it is above the run. Otherwise you can walk up the cleared path beside the ramp to the door.
The facility is clean with good service and a friendly staff. The Quest ski store in the basement is great! Rentals available...which we needed as our skis were not wide enough for the deep powder we experienced! Very helpful staff and good prices. Ski lockers are in a great location near the garage and door to the hill. Also they are large, which was appreciated as we had six sets of skis!
The hot tubs are a godsend after a full day of skiing with great views of the hill. There is also a heated pool which we did not try but many kids did.
The village of Fernie is located a ten minute drive away where you can find some good restaurants, the Bridge Bistro is fantastic! The downtown area is small with a several shops and a grocery and liquor store. There is even a Starbucks in the East end of town.
As for unit 101... the two bedroom suite is a great size with a comfortable living area and room for six at the table. A full kitchen provided.
We were disappointed that the sofa bed was broken and that the tv's were small. Also, the bedroom tv was not hooked up to cable which was a let down for the rooms occupant. We were told the suites owner did not want to pay the extra $7 per month to hook up,the second tv. Unfortunate choice considering the cost of the unit.
So, overall a great building in a great location. I can't comment on the other units but suite 101 could try harder.

Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Great location at FAR for ski in ski out accommodations. Adjacent to the Elk lift which provides access to an upper lift.
Easy access to ski lockers; strap up and off you go. If traveling with little ones, the t-bar is at your foot step.
The heated pool and hot tub to start après ski off right. No need to eat out every night as each unit has a small kitchen. There are even BBQs on a communal deck facing the mountains.
The only things missing: dry sauna & a laundry facility on site.

Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed 16 January 2017

We were staying at Snowy Creek Lodge Unit #5 for the New Year. The unit has everything you can think of to have a great stay. It's clean and close to everything. The view from the hot tub is fantastic!

Date of stay: December 2016