“Great experience”
Review of Sterling

Sterling
Reserve with OpenTable
Sterling is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 702 Restaurants in Gatineau
Price range: US$ 24 - US$ 5,875
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: District des Riverains
Description: Our restaurant's name reflects the quality of the meat that is served. Sterling Silver's remarkable breeding philosophy produces the highest quality of meat in Canada. Not only does Sterling Silver ensure incredible taste and tenderness, it surpasses any expectations.
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

First time at Sterling on a Thursday evening and we had a great experience. Service was fast and Ahmed was super friendly. We got a tour of the restaurant, the wine cellar was awesome! Our appetizer's were excellent. My partner's steak was so tender and tasty, We received a complementary cognac, that was such a nice and welcoming gesture. This restaurant gives FIVE STAR service and really knows how to treat their guests, we will definitely be back, and recommend this place to our family/friend's.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

There is no other place in Gatineau for a steak. A bit expensive but worth it. Grest atmosphere for couples and great service

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

With the demise of Hy’s and 360, I was looking for a good steakhouse in the area to entertain an out of town visitor. I had heard good things about Sterling, located across the river in Quebec. My verdict is a positive one - the food and service were very good. The owner came by several times to make sure all was well. It was a nice touch that they brought the various steak cuts by the table to explain them. The onion soup was a real plus - not your standard French fare, but given s bit of zest with a shot of cider. And the Caesar salad was very good. As for the steak, my sirloin was flavourful, but I ordered it rare and it was a bit on the medium side. Having said that, you could tell it was cooked over a wood fire, which enhanced the taste. I will return to confirm that there is a new go-to steakhouse in town - or not.

1  Thank robertwD7057IG
Reviewed 28 September 2018

My wife and I had made a habit of celebrating our special anniversary at Sterling and had previously always had a great experience-in terms of the food, service and ambiance.

We went for our anniversary last year ( January 29th) and had a less positive experience.

The service was slower and the location we were sitting was high traffic and uncomfortable.

The food was also not to the same caliber that we had come to expect from this restaurant.

We asked for and were escorted to what was described as a great table---we were seated next to a stairwell where the washrooms were and where the wait staff were staging.

All of this I could have accepted and chalked up to an exception / a one off "bad night".

I contacted the restaurant not once but twice since then to share my comments with them ( January and April) and in both cases I received absolutely no response whatsoever. It has not sat well with me and I wanted to share this review publically.

For me this lack of response was a far worse error than anything food or service they did that was sub standard the night of our anniversary visit.

We will be finding a different place to start a new tradition this year---which is unfortunate since we truly enjoyed every other visit we ever made to Sterling.

2  Thank SeizetheDay68
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

I don't write reviews often, but I had one of the most magical dining experiences of my night here last night! The food was exceptional, but the people are the true gems. They made us feel like family and I've honestly never felt more taken care of in my life by a restaurant. I highly recommend you go and - if you are a polite and kind person - I am sure will not regret it!!