“Delicious treat”

Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We celebrated a B-day and chose the tasting menu with selected wine. Service was impeccable and both good and wine pairing were just perfect. Not cheap at all but worth it.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I second all that Mostafaghoury has written about Le Baccara! I was very pleasantly surprised by the service and the high quality of food. Outstanding!

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Last time I was at this restaurant was on my son’s 30th birthday a few years ago. This time I had an out-of-town visitor that I wanted to impress with the charm, class and unique ambiance of our region. I decided to invite him to Le Baccara. The food was excellent the service was exceptional and atmosphere was what I wanted. Joel who served us was polite and attentive. I was very impressed and so was my guest. The place is to be for special occasion. Great place to be.

1  Thank Mostafaghfoury
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We dined at Le Baccara for the first time this past Saturday (October 14, 2017). Although we stay at the Hilton in Gatineau whenever we're in Ottawa, we never thought to try Le Baccara. The restaurant is ensconsed in the Casino complex, upstairs, at the back. Once you pass through its doors, you leave behind the brouhaha of slot machines and disco music. My husband and I chose the 5-course, surprise menu, with a couple of caveats for the chef, in the way we like our meats to be done, for instance. The meal turned out absolutely topnotch. The dishes were beautifully presented, creatively assembled, giving special attention to colors, textures, temperatures, shapes...you name it. All of the flavors were concocted to harmonize together. Portion sizes are moderate but the overall meal is quite satisfying. The sommelier knew his wines. Servers were attentive. It was a most delightful meal. Just a couple of things to expect: service is on the slow side, although the kitchen can be forgiven, as each dish is individually prepared and mounted. The noise level in the dining-room is quite elevated. The acoustics should have been planned better. But don't let this minor drawback dissuade you from dining at Le Baccara.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Unique in Gatineau and the best restaurant in town. Exceptionnal food and wines, A dinning experience for food lover. The ambiance is very classy and the sevice impeccable. Worth every penny !