All reviews the river byward market across the street alexandra bridge jacques cartier park parliament building a river view room convenience store history museum short walk national gallery excellent location gatineau ottawa indoor pool convenient location front desk staff close to downtown
Reviewed 30 January 2019

The staff at this location have customer service down to a science. From the staff at the main desk to the cleaning lady they go out of their way to make sure you are completely satisfied and have no concerns. They make you feel like your part of the family when you stay here.
I also had the pleasure of experiencing the staff at the attached restaurant called O'Laurier. I had supper there and after such an awesome experience I also wanted to see what the breakfast was like. The food was flavourable beyond comprehension and the price was more than reasonable. I told a friend about my meals when I got back to Vancouver and he was sure it must have cost me well over a hundred dollars. When I say their prices were more than reasonable it did not cost me more than forty dollars and trust me just the presentation would have cost me more than double anywhere else. The staff in the restaurant including even the bus boy made my experience unforgettable as their service surpassed any where else. If you live in the area and want to take you wife, husband, girlfriend or boyfriend to an unforgettable culinary experience then this is the place to go and your partner will love you for the experience.

Room tip: All the rooms are good as I was on the 8th floor and the views were awesome at night and during the day.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
BWPlusGatineauOttawa, Vice President of Operations at Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2019

Dear Michaelguige,

Thank you for completing the TripAdvisor review and for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We are glad you enjoyed your meals at O'Laurier Cafe Bistro and overall experience at the Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa. We hope you will come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 24 January 2019

We got a room facing the Parliament Hill for the NYE celebrations. We had a few friends with us in the room, got the best view of the fireworks.
Service was superb at check in, rooms are nice... I hear that the 9th floor is under renovation and supposed to be beautiful. The lobby is all renovated also, they seem to be upgrading the hotel to a brand new look.
The room was contained everything we needed, a great size room adding a comfy bed. It could use some minor TLC but overall, the location in the midst of Hull with a short walk to Ottawa's Byward Market, its clean, it was quiet.
From what we could see every unite facing the Parliament Hill had a balcony, again a plus for us.

Room tip: Ask for a south side room, best view in the city. Corner suites available with balcony.

Dear Rolandbast,

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 18 January 2019

We had a beautiful view from our balcony, we could see parliament building and museum steps away from the hotel. Also across from hotel snow machines were on full swing preparing for Winterlude kids park, looked awesome. Again great location winter and summer.

Room tip: Rooms that have river view SUPER!!!!
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BWPlusGatineauOttawa, Vice-Président des Opérations at Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2019

Thank you for leaving your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

Vice-Président des Opérations
Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa

Reviewed 1 January 2019

Best Western in Gatineau is perfect location- outside but close to downtown Ottawa, and directly in Hull. Great location to stay, quality service with great pricing. When I visit the ottawa/gatineau region, I always stay here.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWPlusGatineauOttawa, Vice President of Operations at Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2019

Dear Trip28443892842,

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed 31 December 2018

I chose to book the Best Western in Gatineau during a recent visit to Ottawa and I'm happy I did. We had a King Room with a River View and it was very nice. The hotel room was a bit dated, but it was clean and the bed was super comfortable. The view of the Parliament Buildings and river are terrific and room amenities include a 42-inch flat screen, WIFI, coffee maker and refrigerator. Parking is an additional $13 per night but is in a secure underground garage which is a bonus since we had freezing rain while we were there. The staff are very friendly and I would recommend this hotel for visitors to the Ottawa/Gatineau area.

Room tip: River View

Dear Schaefdog,

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.