All reviews across the street byward market canadian history corner room parliament hill nice hotel nice walk excellent location the river breakfast buffet front desk staff quiet room war museum the air conditioning underground parking jacques cartier park beds were very comfortable
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel, great location, friendly staff. Very unreliable internet and hard to keep the temperature nice in the room, also a good amount of hairs in the shower. Right across the street from the Museum of Canadian history so that’s great!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jtrotts, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Icelandiceats,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your comments on your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Gatineau-Ottawa.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, our great location and friendly staff. Cleanliness and guest service at the hotel are our top 2 objectives and I will definitely share your comments with our associates as they take great pride in their work. I am sorry to hear that the room was not perfectly clean as it should be and rest assured this is an anomaly as our guests typically score us very high in cleanliness.

We understand the importance of reliable internet and we apologize that you had difficulties during your stay. Our internet is usually very reliable, however we will test and investigate further in order to address the situation immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 6 July 2018

This hotel is quite nice and renovated.

We had a great view of the Museum and Gatineau. The room had two beds and a renovated bathroom. It was not modern but it was renovated. the pool is nice and the gym has televisions on the bikes and treadmills. The restaurant is good that is connected to the hotel. The hotel comes with free water each day!

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. it is my favourite value hotel closest to the bridge.

Room tip: Floor 6 Room 609 if you can.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Flamingo_Las_Vegas,

I am really happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that we are your favorite hotel in the area. Many of our rooms on the higher floors offer great views of the Museum of History, Parliament and the Ottawa River to name a few.

Thank you once again for your great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2018

What is great about this hotel is that it is super affordable for such a great location. It is also very clean and tidy. The carpets have seen better days!!

You really are exactly across the street from the oustanding Museum of History. Also nice parks and a beautiful bridge nearby taking you right into downtown Ottawa. A great location for a morning run :)

It is not a luxury hotel. Somewhere between 3 and 4 star, and the desk staff are not exactly friendly (although the people in the restaurant were outstanding! kudos to them!).

The pool and the gym were both fine but quite small. However, the elliptical and treadmill were in really good shape and had TVs on them. It would be nice if the pool opened earlier but the gym was open 24 hours.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2018

I stayed here just one night for work. It was great checking in and out. The room was clean and comfortable, and staff were courteous and helpful. And as a vegan/vegetarian, it was nice to see a couple options on the room service menu.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear laskarisd2016,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton-Gatineau Hotel.

Our associates take great pride in their work and I will be sure to share your comments in regards to our service, cleanliness and restaurant options.

Our beautiful region has so much to offer and I hope that you visit us again soon and spend a few more days to benefit from all it has to offer.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Marked this hotel down due to the air-conditioning blowing ice cold air in the middle of the night, very hard to get a constant good temperature. The other thing I did not like was upon check-in they asked did I want to go green? a standard in many hotels world wide meaning you hang your towels up and they are not washed every day (I mean who washes towels every day at home). It is not until I get back to my room for the second night that this hotel classes it as a cheap assed way to mean no service at all. No bed made, no rubbish collected etc. I rang reception and they said it was my choice to go green, well yes but the full implications of go green was not explained to me. She then said it was too late for housekeeping to do anything.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank KiwiPatC
Jtrotts, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear KiwiPatC,

I am really sorry to read that there was a miscommunication in regards to Starwood Hotels Make a Green Choice program and that the details were not clearly explained. Our Make a Green Choice program is more extensive than sheets or towels not being changed. The program is open to all guests staying 2 nights or more and if you choose to forgo housekeeping services during your stay you can earn 250 SPG points while helping reduce water, energy and use of chemicals.

Once again, I am sorry to read that your experience was not 100% satisfactory but please note, that this program is an opt-in program and if you decline we will gladly offer you our full housekeeping services daily.

We hope to have the chance and welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Gatineau-Ottawa in the near future!