All reviews underground parking the river holiday inn nice hotel coffee maker high floor exercise room stayed one night flat screen tv rooms are large close to downtown parliament hill minute drive beds were comfortable executive floor kitchenette ottawa
Reviewed 30 January 2019 via mobile

The rooms were fine and service fine. I appreciated the size of the room. The bed was quite comfortable. You could hear people sneezing through the walls so it was not very quiet. The breakfast buffet was passable but overpriced for what you get. There is nothing in the area so we used SkipTheDishes. If you do that be aware that the address is 2 rue Montcalm Gatineau. Not 2 Montcalm Street Ottawa.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
CrowneGatineau, Group Coordinator at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2019

Good Day,

Thank you for your feedback, we will follow up with are team and hope to make your next stay with us better.

Thank you.

Reviewed 22 January 2019

the hotel was clean and functional. This is very important to me with business travel. Check-in and check-out were efficient; no problems. Taxi service was poor. Waited 20 minutes for a cab...decided to walk to our destination. Given the lack of amenities surrounding this hotel, I would suggest the facility offer a bit more in terms of the vending machines (snacks?) and store (very limited products available). Most disappointing was the restaurant. How do you fail with hamburger and fries? Fries were raw. I mentioned this to the server, who said he would mention to the cook. But nothing was taken off the bill. I am to pay for raw fries??? Inattentive server, who was neither inclined nor empowered to deal with unsatisfactory service. This service was the first night of my four-night stay; I would have been likely to dine here many more times if not for the bad experience on night one

Date of stay: January 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2019

Hi CanadianTraveller002,

Thanks so much for staying and taking the time to share your thoughts online. I'm glad that the cleanliness at our hotel and your pleasant check-in and check-out experience contributed to making your stay enjoyable. On the other hand, it seems we were not able to make your experience 100% satisfactory, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the lack of amenities, and restaurant service. This is not the norm at our hotel, and I apologize for the dismay this has caused.

I will make sure that our team will be more dedicated to paying closer attention to all our guests' needs and requests to ensure a more enjoyable visit.

Best,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 December 2018

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. The customer service was very good and the staff friendly. The rooms are okay & suite had some flooring which was nice. The price was surprisingly good and the location is really quite close to everything in Ottawa. The one issue was how hot and dry the actual hotel is in all of the common spaces and in the rooms. The dry heat was unbearable in the lobby and in the room so folks bring lots of lotion and your summer clothes it's the DRIEST hotel I have ever stayed in. I am going home to bath in an oil bath just to recover the amount of skin I have lost. It's crazy dry and hot. the night manager or security guard or whatever he was the only staff member that was extremely rude. He looked like he was always looking for something to happen and was very rude. The hotel is NOT clean because it is carpeted and dry there is dust on everything. the Hotel doesn't represent the brand well.

Date of stay: December 2018
2  Thank Michelle P
Reviewed 25 November 2018

This was a pleasant stay. We booked a deluxe suite and it was wonderful.
The front desk was very helpful
The room was very clean
We checked out in the morning
and we waited for the traffic to settle down.
The restaurant in the Hotel was not so good.

Room tip: We were on the 11 floor
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2018

Mmmmm....a little torn on the overall rating between average and very good; I decided to go with the latter. On the positive side, great location with nice walking access to pubs, restaurants, and a great cycling and walking path along the river; large room that was clean and comfortable; and, easy access to and from the airport (25 minute drive). On the down side, more attention to details would be desirable (e.g., my television and/or remote didn't work); service in the restaurant is not attentive and the dining area seems or feels run done, not inviting. I willl likely explore other options the next time I am in the area.

Room tip: Higher floor -- waterside view.
Date of stay: October 2018