All reviews underground parking the river holiday inn nice hotel high floor coffee maker exercise room stayed one night flat screen tv rooms are large close to downtown parliament hill minute drive beds were comfortable executive floor kitchenette ottawa
Reviewed 22 January 2019

the hotel was clean and functional. This is very important to me with business travel. Check-in and check-out were efficient; no problems. Taxi service was poor. Waited 20 minutes for a cab...decided to walk to our destination. Given the lack of amenities surrounding this hotel, I would suggest the facility offer a bit more in terms of the vending machines (snacks?) and store (very limited products available). Most disappointing was the restaurant. How do you fail with hamburger and fries? Fries were raw. I mentioned this to the server, who said he would mention to the cook. But nothing was taken off the bill. I am to pay for raw fries??? Inattentive server, who was neither inclined nor empowered to deal with unsatisfactory service. This service was the first night of my four-night stay; I would have been likely to dine here many more times if not for the bad experience on night one

Date of stay: January 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2019

Hi CanadianTraveller002,

Thanks so much for staying and taking the time to share your thoughts online. I'm glad that the cleanliness at our hotel and your pleasant check-in and check-out experience contributed to making your stay enjoyable. On the other hand, it seems we were not able to make your experience 100% satisfactory, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the lack of amenities, and restaurant service. This is not the norm at our hotel, and I apologize for the dismay this has caused.

I will make sure that our team will be more dedicated to paying closer attention to all our guests' needs and requests to ensure a more enjoyable visit.

Best,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 December 2018

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. The customer service was very good and the staff friendly. The rooms are okay & suite had some flooring which was nice. The price was surprisingly good and the location is really quite close to everything in Ottawa. The one issue was how hot and dry the actual hotel is in all of the common spaces and in the rooms. The dry heat was unbearable in the lobby and in the room so folks bring lots of lotion and your summer clothes it's the DRIEST hotel I have ever stayed in. I am going home to bath in an oil bath just to recover the amount of skin I have lost. It's crazy dry and hot. the night manager or security guard or whatever he was the only staff member that was extremely rude. He looked like he was always looking for something to happen and was very rude. The hotel is NOT clean because it is carpeted and dry there is dust on everything. the Hotel doesn't represent the brand well.

Date of stay: December 2018
2  Thank Michelle P
Reviewed 25 November 2018

This was a pleasant stay. We booked a deluxe suite and it was wonderful.
The front desk was very helpful
The room was very clean
We checked out in the morning
and we waited for the traffic to settle down.
The restaurant in the Hotel was not so good.

Room tip: We were on the 11 floor
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2018

Mmmmm....a little torn on the overall rating between average and very good; I decided to go with the latter. On the positive side, great location with nice walking access to pubs, restaurants, and a great cycling and walking path along the river; large room that was clean and comfortable; and, easy access to and from the airport (25 minute drive). On the down side, more attention to details would be desirable (e.g., my television and/or remote didn't work); service in the restaurant is not attentive and the dining area seems or feels run done, not inviting. I willl likely explore other options the next time I am in the area.

Room tip: Higher floor -- waterside view.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2018

Review Crowne Plaza Gatineau

Where do I begin? There is so much to tell and not much of it good. Most of the staff were lovely and did their best, but alas, it was an uphill battle for them. The hotel is out of date, with musty carpets as if they have been there since smoking was allowed inside. They were seldom vacuumed. One elevator did not hold onto your floor number once punched in, requiring repeated efforts to get out, on multiple occasions. The remote control on the TV has what the technician refers to as a “delay”- it takes forever to respond and doesn’t allow effective navigation of the information. While the beds were comfortable and clean, and daily housekeeping was adequate, the room needed a deep clean. Also, the fitted sheets were placed upside down. Replenishment of things in the room was haphazard. And while we tried to adhere to the policy of hanging up our towels to avoid unnecessary laundering, there was only on hook in the bathroom. At random towels were taken away whether hung up or not, and often not replaced in a useful number. The bath was big and comfortable but the grab bar was located at the wrong end with the toilet next to it, so if you were using it, stepping in or out would require a level of agility that someone needing a grab bar is unlikely to have. Don’t get me started on the food – it ranged from lack lustre to absolutely awful. They also ran out of almost everything on Friday night in the restaurant by 6pm. The muffins were like hockey pucks, the fruit was dry. They provided no teaspoons for coffee or the small yoghurt containers only soup spoons that were so large the almost didn’t fit in the yoghurt container. I read one review that complained about the lack of bottled water and the hotel’s response was to say they are trying to be environmentally conscious, yet rather than provide ceramic coffee mugs and glass water glasses in the rooms they were all disposable and wrapped in plastic. Jack hammers were running all day as was the bulldozer on the worksite across the road. The heat did not seem related to the thermostat. The manager-Michael Lucas- has a notice with his picture in the elevators telling us he wants us to have the most exceptional and comfortable stay possible and to call anytime, however he did not call back. In sum, bad food, inexperienced or bad service, accommodations that do not meet the price point even remotely. This experience was my first, and will be my last, Crowne Plaza experience.

Room tip: Go to a different hotel
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Nathalie T, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions following your visit. It is regrettable that our establishment did not meet your expectations. We assure you that the necessary adjustments will be made to guarantee the complete satisfaction of our customers. We appreciate your comments and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you in the future.