All reviews coffee maker king room one night stay downtown ottawa across the river carpeting
Reviewed 10 August 2018

The hotel was a bit older but fine for a one night stay while visiting Ottawa. The room was spacious and well equipped with small fridge, coffee maker and ironing board.

It was great to have a small outdoor pool.

We had a drink in the bar of the restaurant and the barman was very friendly.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
TalieQuebec, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

i went with my school on a trip to quebec and ottawa and the hotel refused to give us the wifi password for the first two out of three days of the stay. since it’s a school trip, there were no parents and since we didn’t have wifi, there was no way to contact them to say good night or anything. there were also no opaque curtains and my room had a view of a shed where a middle aged man lived he drank beers with a friend all night and occasionally looked inside our room with 13/14 year old girls. the breakfast was quite bad as the toast was premade and was just hot bread. not much selection and sausages were orange inside and looked more like a hotdog than a sausage. the washrooms in the room were very tiny and not all the girls in the room could fit inside at once. in the mornings we had to get ready and brush our teeth at the same time as we were on a tight schedule. overall a horrible experience and do not recommend this location

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank carlysoftball1133
TalieQuebec, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Carly,

It's unfortunate to hear that you did not enjoy your school trip. First, concerning the wifi: this is the tour company's policy, the only ones that get the wifi code are the teachers and guides. If your teachers do not want you to have the wifi code there is absolutely nothing we can do. Second, concerning the breakfast: I will forward your comments to the owner of the restaurant. Third, there is no old man living in a shed anywhere on our property. There is an apartment block behind the hotel and if someone was looking into your room you should have immediately reported this to your teachers or to a hotel employee and we could have contacted the police. There are black-out curtains behind the sheers in all of our rooms which could have been closed. Finally regarding the bathroom, I apologize that you did not find it spacious enough but I don't know of any hotel bathroom that can comfortably accommodate 4 teenagers at the same time.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I picked this hotel because it was close to where I had my meetings over the next couple of days. I had not looked into any of the reviews since I had positive experiences at Quality Inns in the past but this was definitely not one of these experiences. The first odd thing I noticed was that there were no opaque curtains and the lights from the building across the court lit up the whole room. Once I was exhausted enough to fall asleep, I was woken up by the people in the next room having a conversation. That's right, you can actually hear people talking through the walls. The rooms are not really in good condition, you can see where the brush marks where paint was slapped on the bathroom walls. The positive note is that everyone on staff I spoke to during my stay was pleasant... Hopefully there is work planned to improve the physical characteristics of this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jean-Francois_Mtl
TalieQuebec, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Jean-Francois,

I sincerely apologize that your stay was not completely satisfactory. We are currently in discussion regarding the soundproofing to find a solution. I will follow up with maintenance regarding the paint quality in the bathroom. We do have blackout curtains, I will follow up with housekeeping as well to ensure that everything is in order, sometimes they can simply get pushed behind the sheers and they aren't easily spotted. There are the decorative curtains in front (the gold ones), followed by the sheers and then finally in the back there are the blackouts.

We do hope that you will choose us again the next time you are in the area so that we can have another chance to impress you!

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located close to Ottawa and has many restaurants and shops close by. Something I’ve never seen before was the tiles instead of carpeting in the room so you may want to bring slippers because the floor gets quite cold.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaliMTL
TalieQuebec, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We recently removed all carpeting in our rooms as this allows us to make them hypoallergenic and cater to a larger market of guests. I will forward your comments regarding slippers to my GM for review. We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

My problem with this hotel was the noise in the first floor rooms, you can hear every little sound, people watching TV and walking around their rooms, children screaming, a car alarm going of at night. If you want a quiet stay, stay somewhere else

Room tip: Do not stay on the first floor
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RobinW1689
TalieQuebec, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Robin,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are still renovating and we hope to improve the soundproofing with upcoming projects. We hope that you will choose us again the next time you are in the area so we can show you that our service only continues to improve!