See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2016

Couple at the desk were very nice and friendly, helped with directions for restaurants etc..Room/bathroom was large and clean, hard mattress, good for our back,very quiet area which I loved...Otherwise very basic, Stairs and entrance to reach our room was rather smelly with grubby carpets that smelled of old cigarettes.. However once we got into our room it was fine..

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 15 May 2015

May 13th, 2015. We arrived late, checked in was smooth. The young man at the counter was friendly and was kind enough to make us coffee. Our room was on the second floor, so we had to take few flight of stairs to get there. To our surprised the room was large, bright, and warm. The washroom was clean and tidy. The bathtub was nice and deep enough for a soak and also to get in and out with no difficulty, it has bars to hold on to. We were fortunate to have both microwave and fridge. Indeed the motel look bit crappy outside but once you step in it was clean and quiet. The interior wall was interesting while going up the main entrance, on the platform of the second floor, they are a set of sofa to relax. The staff took the time to point where to go for tulips festivals etc. All our minor requests were fulfil with a smile, I have no complaints or faults about the property and services, the staff asked my opinion about the services. They said they are working to improve the outside of the hotel. The price is reasonable compare in Ottawa. Lot of parking, there is an auto garage adjoint to the property. The guys were nice to give us air. I notice a Walmart, Maxi supermarket, we had breakfast at Cora, there is McDonald. Most people speak English, even at the gas station I was treated with a friendly smile and service. Gatineau is about 10mins drive from the capital. I notice a public bus passing in front the hotel. I recommended you visit Jacques Cartier Park, and you can walk along Alexandra Bridge. There is 2hr free parking in the park along the bicycle path. They are tulips field also there.

Room tip: There is breakfast table in the lobby, in case you want to bring your own food. Also a small snack bar.
Date of stay: May 2015
3  Thank Lavenderwoman
Reviewed 31 January 2015

This is really your average motel. Nothing fancy, but not bad at all. The room was clean and the motel was quiet. Rates are good and the lady at the check in is very nice, she provided us lots of info about where to eat and where to go. :-) Free wifi is available.

Date of stay: August 2014
1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Unlike anyother place I've ever been. To start with all other reviews dont begin to go into detail about how horrible this place is. The website makes this hellhole seem a lot better than it is. I booked a one night stay there for an appt. While talking to this chinese ladie to book the room I asked for a smoking room. She rudely told me I can only smoke cigarettes (assuming I did drugs) . when I actually arrived to this place it looked run down . half of it was a automotive garage. The ladies was very rude and demanding of rules. Stating no coming in late. Only use designated doors. No one over past 11pm and she wouldn't hesitate to call the police. After paying a Cash deposits of 100 and 100 for the room as well as 7 per person to stay extra (the website says 5! What a lie) I get to my room. The room doesn't look like the pictures. Walls were dirty and stain (never been wiped) cobb webs on walls . black specs all over bedsheets(they weren't clean at all) ciggrette burns in blankets! THIS PLACE IS A DUMP I quickly called up another hotel (best westren) and got out of there. The woman was very rude and pushy when I pointed out what was wrong claiming it was cause it was a smoking room and it was my opinion. She has no customer service skills what so ever . I will never be back. Only good part was got refund if u leave within 30mins (shouldn't take you long to figure out why they offer that deal)

Date of stay: March 2014
7  Thank Trooperdoo
Reviewed 9 April 2013

this place is great when you drive up it doesnt look it but the inside is great and the staff will make sure you look at them first.this place is a ten dollar cab ride from downtown and you cant ask for a better place to stay. we already booked a return trip very clean and comfy beds

Room tip: 203 is the room we stayed in we loved it
Date of stay: April 2013