All reviews full kitchen stove top living room stainless steel one bedroom apartment fridge freezer army run lots of storage space large suites hotel lot ottawa gatineau parking spot front desk staff memorable stay main floor within walking distance ottawa area
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Staff was rude and would not provide help. The second day no one came to our room to clean even we had put the “please clean” sign for whole day. When checked out, I expressed that I was very disappointed of that no one had clean room, garbage was full and no towels. The lady seemed no surprised at all and she didn’t even look at me, only one word as the response “ I will tell them”.Seriously? That is all for the response?That is all for the way treat customer?

I read all reviews before booked room, but the room was wore out and totally opposite to what I was expect. Worst hotel experience ever!

I am a Platinum member of choice privilege.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Don’t let the outside fool you. The suites are very spacious with a full kitchen and living room separate from bedroom. Very clean. Moca Loca cafe was amazing for breakfast . Parking is off- sight but only cost $15 and you get a $5 breakfast voucher pperson which off sets cost of parking. Not a hotel chain but an interesting place to stay with a classy vibe

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Gross!!!! Feces in one of the clean folded bath towels. I complained to the front desk and they asked me if I wanted another towel. I complained several times and only received a call from the front desk manager days later after a written formal complaint. They offered no apology, no explanation, however offered to send a coupon. Weeks later, no coupon, I complained to choice hotels customer service and cc'd the hotel. The hotel manager called to offer a free night, I explained I was not looking for a free night and was complaining about the way I was treated as well as finding the feces in the towel left me traumatized. NO apology. I received emails back and forth from Choice hotels customer service and they offered points. After I declined the points, they offered to send me a cheque for $50. I explained again all I wanted was an apology and not be mistreated. They advised that the hotel refused to respond. This hotel company is in desperate need of customer service training. They did not know how to handle the problem. I can only think it was a disgruntled employee or previous guest. The hotel should replace all towels when a new guest checks in. the manager should have apologized immediately instead of letting it stew for days/weeks, making the matter worse. I have been a regular guest at this hotel for the past 2 years, will NEVER GO BACK. Also I placed this review on hotels.com, I notice the hotel responds to all reviews, except mine. Horrible customer service.

Room Tip: ask for a room with towels without previous guest's fees on it.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank linadi26
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Wow, we didn't get off to a good start at this hotel. First of all, consider it like any other city when driving. We arrived and I pulled up to the front door, which is on the street. I helped my handicapped husband in so he could check us in-- I wasn't out of the car 5 minutes and the police are there with the lights flashing. Had we know where their parking spots were, we would have gone ahead and parked. Turns out, parking is limited to 6 spaces and it costs 15 CAD per night to park.

The girl at the front desk is blank. The "cart" to use to bring in your clothes and luggage is one used for food and beverage- just an L shape, low utility cart. My luggage got caught in the door and fell off several times.

She gave us a room assignment, knowing my husband was handicapped and needed that type of room, and when we went down the hallway, we would have to climb stairs. Geez, give me a break.

We finally went back again (3 room changes total) and was assigned a room near the front desk. What a hassle!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 081711
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We stayed in a one-bedroom apartment/suite at "Les Suites Victoria", for 3 nights while visiting Ottawa. The suite was spacious, and immaculate. It included a full kitchen, with cooktop (no oven), microwave, dishwasher & full fridge.
We were able to walk across the bridge to reach the places in Ottawa that we wanted to visit. The walk to the Parliament Buildings was about 30 minutes. From there, we could walk to the Bank of Canada, the Supreme Court, Byward Market, etc.
In the lower level of the hotel there is a wonderful little cafe, where you can grab a snack or a full breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Otttawa/Gatineau area!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple