“Amazing brunch”

Urasie
Ranked #86 of 658 Restaurants in Gatineau
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 25
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We tried the dimsum as brunch, which is $32. It comes with a soup and a plate of dimsum, lots of stuffs. They are very delicious. I love the ceviche with mango and orange, and the meat ball with sticky rice...It was so good i finished them all, then the dessert...the mille-feuille crepe with golden kiwi was too big to finish! (although it taste perfect).

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Urasie

Reviewed 29 July 2017

The two of us decided, on the spur of the moment, to have lunch at this restaurant (called Urasie -- which I assume is a different spelling of "Eurasia" (which means Europe AND Asia -- right?)), since we enjoy Asian food and liked the idea of "fusion". We were planning to order the pho soup, which we were told cost $15 (we later saw a sign down the street which advertised pho soup for $10 for that same restaurant). But the owner made a special visit to our table and persuaded us to try this platter of select appetizers, which he said would be amazingly good and sufficient for two people, that cost $32. It came with soup, but we could order a second soup (the cost was not volunteered -- I had to ask, and found out it would cost $7 more). So we agreed to the order. The two "lotus" soups came, and we found them rather uninspiring -- lacking any semblance of "Asian" flavouring .

Then came the much-hyped platter. The collection of appetizers was possibly adequate for one person -- certainly not for two, tasted rather unexceptional, and again lacked any evidence of "Asian" flavouring. We complained to the owner about the size of the portion, but he said a lot of time had been spent in the preparation; hence the high cost. (Well, there wasn't much to show for this extensive preparation.) He then told us that one dessert and one coffee were included. We ordered the larger dessert to share (we hadn't planned to have dessert, but agreed because we were still hungry and felt we were owed something extra for the price), and found it too was rather forgettable. The layers of crepes were cold and gluey, although the cream and mango filling was tasty. The additional coffee cost $3. So, instead of spending $20 (if we had seen the street sign before entering the restaurant) for two pho soups, we ended up spending $41 before tax for a disappointing meal. We did enjoy the ice lime water, though, and our food came relatively quickly -- hence the rating of 2.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

Went alone for lunch just to try it out. Glad I tried it out since now I know and would not bring a group here. Service was satisfactory however the pho I had was very bland. The menu is eclectic and does not fit into a category. If I was at the Marina and it was handy I would go back, but not out of my way. They are doing some Reno's now, so maybe it will get better.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

The short menu looked interesting. We ordered : chicken wings, dumplings, pho soup, chicken curry with coconut rice, and rabbit. When I received my chicken I taught there was a mistake because I couldn't find the colours you usually see with currys. It looked and tasted like boiled chicken legs. The pho was tasteless. The rabbit was tasting someting, but it could have been chicken. The onions in the slaw were so big, its the only thing you could taste. The best thing was the cucumber-lemon water. My son wanted some dessert, we ended up at an other restaurant, since we were disappointed of our food. The waitress never came to see if everything was ok once during the meal.

We like trying new food, new restaurants, we don't mind spending money on good quality. It wasn't 90$ well spent.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Loved the food. Had the lunch special and everything on the plate had an amazing unique taste. My new favorite place and great location right near the beach.

1  Thank Kathy B