“Gem of a French Restaurant”
Review of Le Pied De Cochon

Le Pied De Cochon
Ranked #27 of 667 Restaurants in Gatineau
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2016

We went in on St. Valentine's Day. Everything we tried on the Table D'Hôte was delicious. Service was excellent, friendly and attentive. The cuisine is traditional French here. We loved the Salmon 'feuilleté' and rabbit Dijonnais. Good value also.
Superbe petit bistro Français dans le vieux Hull. Bonne valeur qualité-prix. Une perle rare

1  Thank ohque

Reviewed 13 February 2016

No matter how good the food is at this Restaurant, the service is lousy, by the owner/waiter, the owner is obnoxious, rude, kurt, impatient, impertinent. It's not worth the aggravation. The place needs an overhaul, it's dated, the carpets are old and not clean. The wait time from the time you arrive to the time you are served your food is too long. It is unacceptable to have to wait two hours when going for dinner. The food is good, it's not great. The Shore Club at the Westin Hotel serves better food than Le Pied de Cochon. I wouldn't go back.

5  Thank Cassandra L
Reviewed 27 January 2016

Got to come back again, this time with my wife and our now older twins. We did make reservations this time, with my daughter attempting her French when we called. We had the same salmon in flaky pastry that we loved last time. My wife did agree that this was as good as we raved about. My son had the duck. My daughter had the rabbit special. My wife had the seafood medley And I had the veal medallions with a special morel sauce. Again, everything was fantastic, including the staff.

Reviewed 4 December 2015

This restaurant is a total French culinary experience. What ever we ordered off the menu each time we went we were never disappointed in the least. If you are celebrating an occasion or for business this is the place to be. Absolutely an amazing restaurant with an excellent wine list where service is first class - very welcoming and attentive - We always go back.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

I brought my wife to this classic french restaurant to celebrate her birthday last night. The restaurant has been in business for nearly 40 years (and a couple who sat near us later told us that they have eaten at this restaurant weekly for almost the whole time). We ordered the table d'hôte at $48 which included 4 courses and tea/coffee. It turned out to be incredible value. We also ordered a very nice 2008 Bordeaux from a wine menu that has good examples of wines from all the major regions of France, and of course other wines from around the world.

The portion sizes for each of the courses was, in a word, huge and represented amazing value. I started with a shrimp avocado dish which was very good. Then on to the carrot soup which was delightful. The fish course (two kinds of fish was wonderful). My wife had the duck and she said it was the best she had ever had. I really wanted to order the cheese course (an extra $12 for two) but we were too full (and that never happens for me at a fine dining restaurant!). The dessert was homemade (a cream and hazelnut cake) and delicious.

The service was very good.

We will be back very soon.

1  Thank OttawaMan