Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel
US$ 190
HIExpress.com
US$ 79
Agoda.com
Villa Eyrie Resort(Malahat)(Great Value!)
US$ 222
US$ 187
US$ 231
  • Pool
US$ 122
US$ 116
US$ 125
Priceline
All reviewsdining roomcookiescopper roomwine pairingoutdoor tubmermaid roomemily carrcomplimentary portart galleryfor salecourse mealwood burning fireplacefine diningbucket listone of a kindvancouver islandlamb
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Without a doubt, the most wonderful resort in BC. Or suite was beautiful, overflowing with charm and character. The wood burning fireplace and Jacuzzi were wonderful touches. The resort has fantastic fine dining and a cozy lounge. The view is spectacular, and it is located near Whiffin Spit, which is a wonderful still to watch the sunset. If I could give this place 6 stars I would.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2018

We stayed here recently for 2 nights. The location right on the water is spectacular. However we found the hotel very expensive in relation to the quality of the room and furnishings. I will not go into details, but this hotel has seen much better days and needs a major retrofit. One of the staff told me that it has recently been sold and is in ownership transition. We look forward to a return visit once the renovations have been completed.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Prime_Sandy_Beach
Reviewed 27 January 2018

This place has been on our bucket list for a long time. The experience totally met our expectation. The room was beautifully decorated. A welcome package included delicious home made cookies and a small carafe of port. Spacious patio with deck chairs. Incredible view. Cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2018

We had a wonderful three day celebration at Sooke Harbour House Resort in December as we celebrated our 40th anniversary. We had been here once before, so we booked a special dinner in the dining hall, and got a room on the ground floor that connected with the beach and had an outside hot tub. It was even more wonderful than we had imagined, with orcas, seals and seabirds in the water, incredible food in the dining room, and the new Copper Room to enjoy! The staff is so warm and helpful, and the weather cooperated with sunny days alternating with a beautiful snowfall! We hope to come back to this wonderful place!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed our beach house room with beach access.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here two nights over New Years and we loved the room we had which really worked well with our two dogs. The hotel has a lot of artwork some really good and some not so but interesting. The wood burning fireplace is a real nice touch.

The setting is really good with immediate access to Whiffin Spit and although the gardens are off season you can see what they are normally.

Concerns are mainly with the food which we found generally a little sparse. One meal had the full green salad with a side piece of fish and the salad was no more than about 5 forkfuls.

We had the New Years brunch at $50 per person because it was the only breakfast available so I paid $120 for coffee and 2 poached eggs that were cold and my wife one egg and a bit of salad.

We had the 14 course New Year’s Eve dinner and while it was a taste treat the largest plate wasn’t more than a couple of bites and lots of serving mistakes like venison to my acknowledged pescatarian wife.

The restaurant service is trying hard are just not experienced and are amateurish which is fine by me usually but with a $420 dinner for two I expect better. Very limited wine knowledge.

However I understand that staffing is a problem at holidays so that may be why.

We did not get the nightly port and cookie service but had a couple of cookies in the room on arrival.

The dog cookies are wonderful and they were kind enough to give us the recipe but I asked to buy a couple of dog cookies for the Road on paying my $1200 bill for 2 days and was just told no. Not a nice way to end a very good hotel stay even with some flaws.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple