All reviews log cabin continental breakfast front desk staff main building tim hortons convenient location plenty of hot water hard boiled eggs gas station snowmobile trip easy access on site restaurant living room thunder bay room was large general store full kitchen
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Husband and I were travelling through WaWa and checked out trip advisor to find a place to stay. The management photo on trip advisor implies the hotel has been renovated. I called, and The lady on the phone was absolutely pleasant to chat with, told us a few options and I opted for the room with a jet tub (extra $5, but wow! That's a deal! I could picture hubby and I having a glass of wine and a nice bath before bedtime!) So we gave our credit card to hold a room. We arrived at about 930pm, the front lobby was questionable... again the lady at the desk was super friendly and got us out key and guided us as to where to park. Let me start with the total cost of this room, $135 plus tax... I had some expectations considering nearby places advertised $80. We walked in and I almost died. There were numerous stains throughout the already noticeable aged carpet... the bed looked stiff as f...with thin old looking bedding. The room was dated with a complete mash of dated furniture. There were two pieces that stood out like sore thumbs as they were those embroidered Victorian style cream chairs amongst 70's style desks and bedside tables. The big mirror on the wall had a massive store sticker in the bottom corner that looked like some attempt to remove did happen at some point but was abounded.. (goo gone much?) And the jet tub... dear god. First the bathroom towels were on the floor, like someone tossed in a few folded towels and they fell to the ground. The tub was tiny with, yes, jets, but little peeny (my new word) and had chips throughout the whole tub. Like someone had a shower with spurs on... I looked at my husband, and he knew. I went back to the nice friendly lady at the desk and told her I couldn't do it. She was great about it. I'll give her that. Had the room been like $50, maybe I would have sucked it up. But no. That was gross. And expensive for being so gross. We found a cheaper, nicer and cleaner place just down the road. Maybe they do have some rooms that are reno'd and we got "lucky" with getting the back room... I would definitely ask if you try to book.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

The motel was fine but was disapointed that the lounge was closed. The guys and i were hoping to have a place to have a few drinks and watch a game... but no luck the the lounge was closed. They should at least tell you on the site that its not available..... and put something else on other then the weather network in the dining room

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank billwhm
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Always book in advance when traveling through this part of Ontario. Very few accommodations available though the towns. Our stay here was good. The room was clean and comfortable. We had a great night sleep and it was very quiet. Convenient to have a restaurant on the same property. Located close to the famous Goose! Be sure to visit Young's General Store across the street!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Would be much better if lounge re-opened as it is nice to play a time of pool and watch sports to relax a bit after a long day .. lounge must be re-opened before winter with all the tourism coming with the winter season... smarten up.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Ron O, Manager at Wawa Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Due to the community wide staffing shortage the Wawa Motor Inn has closed the Fireside Lounge. Without adequate staff we were not able to provide the high standard of customer service our customers deserve.
Our friendly wait staff will continue to meet your food and beverage needs in the licensed Fireside Dining Room.
We look forward to serving you on your next visit.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We were doing the Lake Superior circuit and didn't have advance reservations. Bad idea! Most places were fully booked in September. I think we got the last available room in Wawa. It was very nice in their Log Village. Modest, but clean and very quiet. We had a back door out to a grassy area with view of trees and a lake. Very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for the Log Village - its' quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple