All reviewsthe riverbeautiful viewmeal planbike pathroom was recently renovatedseveral buildingshot tubsecond floorwatching the sunsetst lawrencefire pitbeautiful spotspa servicesroad triphighly recommend this hotelreception areaindoor pool
Reviewed 22 January 2018

This is a lovely auberge overlooking the river. A variety of buildings house clean spacious rooms with a separate building for those traveling with animals. Everything you need is here! Several decks to sit outside and enjoy the park and river.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank Agirlinbob
AubergedelaPointe, other at Auberge de la Pointe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Thank you for your comment! Indeed, we accept pets in a few rooms of two of our pavilions. We are glad that you enjoyed our services. Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I booked an overnight stay at this hotel in August. When I arrived in Riviere du Loup I was very tired. I signed in and went to my room. I also brought with me my two dogs.

The room was very hot. I couldn’t see any air conditioning so I opened the sliding door slightly to let some air in. Unfortunately one of my dogs was able to get out by pushing the sliding door further open. Both of my dogs then escaped. They headed straight for the outdoor patio probably smelling the food. I went out after them and encountered an hysterical waitress telling me dogs were not allowed out without supervision. I tried to explain that this had been an accident. I had their leashes and asked for her help. She initially agreed and then demurred. Since I had no shoes on I went back to my room to put in shoes so I could go after the dogs. Fortunately they were returned to me. The waitress however continued to be aggressive. She could not grasp that my dogs escape was an accident and indeed an accident caused by a lack of air conditioning. In the room.

For the rest of the evening I stayed in an exceedingly hot and uncomfortable room just to ensure that my dogs did not get out again.

I cancelled a return reservation. I would never been this hotel again. At a time when I needed help and support I received abuse and aggression from one waitress who ruined my entire stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is a large establishment situated on top of a bluff overlooking the river. There are great views from the bar and terrace. Checking was quick and efficient. Our room, river view, seemed a little worn, however, it was very clean. When I mentioned a couple maintenance issues to the front desk, they were quickly written down and there seemed to be genuine concern about getting them fixed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Loved this hotel. Had a room with a balcony facing the water, and the views were incredible. We only stopped here for one night, passing through, but wished we could've stayed longer. The rooms were modern, clean, and aesthetically pleasing. The hotel had a certain peace to it. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017

The hotel is located on the south shore of the St. Lawrence with rooms facing the river. There is a gorgeous pool, hot tub and sauna. The staff are all friendly and we had a lovely breakfast in their restaurant. There is a bar with patio with views of the river. The have a number of packages and very good value for a quiet retreat type stay.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with views of the river
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family