1,118 results
All reviews golf course indoor pool board games water slides rocking chairs seafood chowder grand old hotel autograph collection garden patio new brunswick beautiful resort fitness center old world charm main building common areas fine dining modern amenities
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband, dog and I go here several times a year and love the warm and friendly staff who go out of their way to make guests feel "at home". A brief walking distance to the shops in the downtown area. Comfortable beds, spacious rooms, excellent restaurant on site. The lounge area is cosy with board games and fireplaces and several seating areas. Plus, it's dog-friendly (even for our Great Dane) whom they provide with a bed, bowls and treat bag! We love this place!

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited St. Andrews and stayed at the Algonquin for two nights with friends of ours. This is a beautiful old hotel and offers such an “old school” charm that you can’t help but be relaxed. Beautiful porch with rockers and families playing board games add to the experience. We played golf at the resort golf club a mile or so away. Easy to get to by car or shuttle. We were rained out of our tee time but the clubhouse went out of their way to get us a spot even though they were booked solid the next day. Hotel made sure we could check out late so we could play on our departure day. Course is beautiful with most holes overlooking the bay. Shuttles to town are quick and convenient. We really enjoyed the common area and hanging at the bar/lounge for late night cocktails or lunch.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had a lovely room & a great view. The housekeeping people were nice. I had 3 room service meals all with problems. I thought today I would have breakfast in the dining room since I was going whale watching and it needed to be faster. It was a disaster. No one at hostess stand. Asking wait staff was hopeless. Waitress when I finally sat down & finally had someone come up to me was awful. I ordered and she came back 10 min later to ask if I was having the buffet. If this was the only problem I’d chalupa it up to a bad day but I had multiple problems— some taken care of most not. It was disappointing and not befitting what I expect from a Marriott.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
ALGONQUINRESORT, Manager at The Algonquin Resort St. Andrews by-the-Sea, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ginny00,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Algonquin Resort. I sincerely apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations in regards to your food service experiences. We will use your feedback as a teachable moment for our teams as we strive to continually improve our operation. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly to arrange your dining experiences if your travels return you to St. Andrews.

Matthew

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

First opened in 1880's but very well maintained and updated. Rooms on small side but comfortable with modern bathrooms, free wifi, tv. Beautiful grounds. Excellent dining; outstanding staff; large lounges and game rooms.
Pricey but what would be expected for this level of luxury.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Where do I start. The staff, food, amenities and the Town of St. Andrews all 5/5. Our room was 2nd floor with views to the bay and a king bed. The grounds are well manicured. A short 8 minute walk and you are in the town’s waterfront. Make sure to hit the Red Herring Pub for good eats and music. We went whale watching with Fundy Tide Runners saw loads of whales including a 65 ton Finback.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple