“Amazing experience ”

Quoddy Link Marine Inc.
Ranked #2 of 9 Tours in Saint Andrews
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Your best opportunity to view whales and wildlife. With the 55 ft catamaran's stability and speed (2nd fastest next to the small zodiacs), we can cover more feeding areas of the whales which gives us a higher success rate and more time with the whales and wildlife. It is about "capability"! Welcome aboard!!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to saint Andrews for the day for whale watching. I had heard great things about quoddy link, but was sceptical that I would enjoy the trip.

We went out on the smaller boat that holds 10 passengers.

Our tour guide was incredible. She was so knowledgeable and easy to talk to. The captain, Matt, was amazing as well. We saw two humpback whales, Vader and chevron, a finback whale, two monkey whales, porpoises, seals and even puffins! The experience was once in a life time. There is nothing I would've changed or asked for to be different. The boat ride was great, the captain was awesome at getting us close to the whales, and we learnt so much! You all did a fantastic job and we can't thank you enough!

All reviews
"hot chocolate and cookies"
in 14 reviews
in 5 reviews
"open deck"
"american bald eagles"

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Our son uses a wheelchair and the boat is very accessible. The crew are very friendly and knowledgeable. The boat is very spacious as well very clean and organized. I would definitely recommend this company if you plan to go whale watching.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Were very impressed with the whole experience, felt we were in very good hands. Very family oriented

Reviewed 31 August 2017

When debating what company to book for a whale watching tour in Saint Andrews, Quoddy Link Marine is the clear winner. They have a spacious catamaran boat, but choose to not take full capacity of passengers so that everyone can see. There is a lower seating area that can be enclosed and still offers great views, or you can go to the upper deck and look in all directions. The boat also has a bathroom, which is nice to know when going on a 3 hour tour.

The staff is super friendly and full of information! I enjoyed listening to the captain over the microphone, and he always informed passengers when/where a whale was sighted. They also respect the whales, especially when there was an overcrowding of boats.

I spent the full 3 hours on the upper deck, but I advise to bring warm clothes. Other people on the boat had to retreat to the lower seating area because they were wearing shorts. I brought plenty of layers, including a puffy jacket and mitts!

Snacks and hot chocolate are offered towards the end of the tour, and there is a touch tank if you are interested.

We saw humpbacks and a North Atlantic right whale on our tour (end of August, evening trip). If you want an idea of what you'll be seeing before going, check out their Facebook page which has daily tour updates!