“Best adventure activity in Kimberley!”
Review of Kootenay Raft Co

Kootenay Raft Co
Ranked #3 of 20 things to do in Kimberley
More attraction details
Owner description: The Kimberley Raft Co is South Eastern BC's premier summer adventure company. Established in 1998, the Kimberley Raft Co uses only experienced guides meeting all provincial and national safety standards to ensure the well being of your friends and family.
Calgary, Canada
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Best adventure activity in Kimberley!”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Craig, Liz, and the other guides made it a fun day for both myself and my 17 year old son who, up until the rafting day trip, was finding the family holiday in Kimberley " boring". We did the full day trip down the Elk river, complete with lunch and a stop for cliff jumping. I've rafted extensively on numerous BC rivers and this was my second experience with Kimberley raft co. My son and I again had a blast and will be back again. KRC is professional, safety conscious and fun.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Cranbrook, Canada
“AWSOME 40TH BDAY CELEBRATION!”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We had an awsome Day with awsome friends, what a way to celebrate the husbands 40th Birthday! Thanks Bernie!!!!

Visited August 2011
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Professional & experience with a fun approach to white water rafting”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

At first glance, the old school bus painted blue, Garrard (apologies for spelling), Craig & Chris, the instructors, all wearing a variety of strange hats made me realise that this was going to be a fun day. They fully research the rivers beforehand to ensure safe depths for travel over the rapids and communicated with Shane our trip leader their plans for our family day out in advance. we rode the Bull river and the 2 raft guides made good use of their many years experience for navigation. Lunch was provided and very nice it was too. (Wraps, Salad , Luncheon meats , Fruit, Crisps & dips with fruit juice) Our day lasted from 10:30 -17:30hrs with 1-1/2 hour drive in the school bus to the Bull river - Instruction on raft use with safety drills included. 1hours rafting - Lunch - then the rapids section for approx another hour, followed by a cliff jump and an hours drive back to Kimberley. Absolute essential advice for July, TAKE MOSQUITO REPELLANT when on the river bank (48 bites for me, 83 for my wife) Helmet cameras are worn by instructors approx 200 photos on our day transferred onto an E-stick for $35.00 plus tax.
The rafting was excellent fun and I would certainly recommend to the adventurous minded- Many thanks Guys- AWESOME!!!!

Visited July 2011
Kingston, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutly Amazing!”
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Kimberley Rafting was an amazing white water experience. I took the time to organize a trip for me and my friends. My friends were hesitant in the beginning but I told them it would be an amazing experience and where better to white water raft then in BC?

This company was amazing to go through the people were great! We had a great guide and he sure knew his stuff! We also had another boat with us that day that had trainees on it and they were just as nice Staff was willing to help out and answer any questions.

We stopped along the river and ate a delicious (and nutricious) lunch then wasted no time getting back on the water!

At the end we all had a chance to cliff jump and I was the only crazy one to actually do it...the water was also about 3 degrees but it was so worth it in the and and I can say that I have been white water rafting and cliff jumping in BC!

When your not crashing through the rapids you go along the river and the scenery is just breathtaking...There are mountains in the distance and you even spot the wildlife hangin out along the edge of the river.

If and when I go back to BC I will most certainly go back to Kimberley Raft Co and white water raft. It was a honor rafting with them!! Thanks for a great experience!

Visited May 2011
1 Thank Tabatha_88
Cranbrook, Canada
“What an adventure”
Reviewed 28 May 2011

We had no idea of what a thrill it would be drifting down the Bull river.
Craig seemed seemed obsessed with safety and working together as a group as we gently floated along hitting a few rapids. Thank GOD he was!
The ride was intense through the class 4 rapids. It took me awhile to get my breath when we eddied out after them.
In all, the tour was fun, lunch was great, scenery was magnificent, the staff proffesional, the ride breathtaking, the water COLD.
Cathy would certainly do it again.. and I would go too!

Visited May 2011