All reviewsmini golffull servicepicnic tablesmary's riverserviced sitestent sitessand trapswell maintained and cleanpit toiletscranbrook areahiking trailsswimming poolgreat poolstayed for nightsclose to towngreat for kidsbeautiful spot
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This place is built for families! Great sites, a POOL, flush toilets, laundry, showers, mini golf, hiking trails, a park (a little dated) and close to town. Love the service, enjoy camping here with the family. Try it out. Book early!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
KimberleyCampground, Manager at Kimberley Riverside Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Thanks so much for your nice review TravellingMattheu! Come back again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We called an hour before arriving and through the campsite was full, they have non-reservable non-serviced sites for tenting and campers. We got a site immediately for $30 per night and stayed for 3 nights. We were beside the St. Mary river which was gorgeous and sounded amazing. Crystal at the office was incredible and helped us get around the area and assisted with anything we needed.

Privacy was non-existent in the sites we were in but we were able to set up our site so we weren't staring at our neighbors. Pool is very small and shallow but great for kids. Bathrooms/showers and outhouses are very clean and kept up. Tons of lakes around the area to visit. Mini golf was beautiful and fun, challenging enough. Great stay, would stay again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We had reservations for this campground this weekend but are experiencing a fire in our community. I have just got off the phone with the Riverside Campground and was told they couldn't reimburse us for this weekend. The management said and I quote " I can't help nature"
Seriously...where is your human compassion? We have stayed 3 different times with this campground and will NEVER be back.
You make me shake my head at some of the human race out there.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Shauna R
KimberleyCampground, Manager at Kimberley Riverside Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Shauna R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review as it had brought this matter to my attention. I am the only manager here at the Riverside Campground and know that this was not brought to my attention by my staff. I absolutely would have refunded you, especially as it is something completely beyond your control. It was not a case of a conflict in schedule, you forgot about your booking or you simply couldn't come... it was a case of being on an evacuation alert and the last thing you should ever experience during this time is a lack of compassion.

I will be sitting down with the staff member in question as this was completely unacceptable and I will be ensuring this does not happen, ever again.

Although you have specified you have no plans to return, I do hope the gift certificate and refund will help you consider staying with us again. We value every single customer that walks through our door and I hope we renew your faith in us if you give us the chance.

Thank you again for your review and please do reconsider us as we would love to give you great customer service, just like the last 3 times you have stayed with us.

Kindest Regards,
Leanna Winter
Manager

Reviewed 27 July 2017

We stayed here for an overnight stay in the unserviced tent sites at the bottom of the facility. We felt very safe, everyone was friendly, the pit toilets and plumbed facilities were all very clean and well maintained. The front counter staff were helpful, professional and welcoming. The quiet hours (starting at 11 pm) were observed so we slept soundly.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2017

You really cannot find a better campground to stay at in the Kimberley - Cranbrook area. The staff are amazing, helpful and friendly. A word to the wise - you need to book early. We book a year in advance to get the site for the week we want. The showers and bathrooms are very clean and well cared for. The campground is great for families - lots of hiking/biking trails if you like to do that and an amazing mini-golf course. (no windmills and clown's mouths to putt through - a true "mini" course with water, sand traps, rough and out of bounds. Very fun to play. We have made this our home away from home for the past five years and have reserved our spot again for next year.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family