Kimberley Riverside Campground
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Kimberley(Kimberley)
US$ 101
US$ 98
Trickle Creek Lodge(Kimberley)(Great Value!)
US$ 91
US$ 88
North Star Motel(Kimberley)(Great Value!)
US$ 78
US$ 72
US$ 64
Priceline
Mountain Spirit Resort(Kimberley)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmini golffull servicehiking trailstent sitesmary riversand trapspit toiletscranbrook areastayed for nightsclose to towngreat for kidsbeautiful spotnature parkwould stay againfree wifisewerprivacy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We just returned from a 5 day trip to the Riverside Campground. We've camped all over Alberta and this was our first BC trip. We booked a few months ago and got site 90 (full service 30/50 amp, water and sewer). We arrived 5 minutes after the office closed and we were told to head down to our site if we were late. Got in, hooked up and enjoyed our first night. The campsites are close together but most are separated by trees so you don't feel too close together.
The campground is located within minutes of Kimberley, a nice little mountain town with a lot of German influence (and lots of German food!). We walked around Kimberley and it was sad to see so many businesses out of business and for sale/rent signs, a sign of the times I guess.
The weather was rainy the whole trip, so we didn't spend a lot of time outside. The pool wasn't open yet but they were cleaning it and getting it ready for the season. They are finishing a mini golf course up by the office, and lower down by the park there is frisbee golf and horseshoes. The river was so swollen that you couldn't hike down the paths and there was so much rain that part of the ridge eroded into the river!
I will be the first to admit that going this early in the season (beginning of June) might be too early to go, but it was still enjoyable. My only big complaint is that people don't leash their dogs. I have a large dog and I always keep him on a leash when we go camping, because it's the rule and out of respect for my fellow campers. I've never been to a campground where so many people let their dogs roam free around the campsites and I was very annoyed by this. One dog came running out at me and my dog when we were out for a bike ride and it attacked my dog on the road. I think the staff could do a better job at letting people know that all dogs must be leashed at all times.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank lakureyri
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The camp site was absolutely wonderful. The staff was excellent and there was so much to do in the area. I wish we had more time to enjoy it all. Definitely one of our favorite places to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank c0dewarri0r
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Super friendly staff and a great bargain @ $28/night. Lots of walking trails, trees, a heated pool, private sites with clean bathrooms. Close to town if you don't feel like cooking. Highly recommend this spot.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank StellaFred
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I loved this campground. We stayed for 9 nights and wished we had more time! It books up so fast, but for good reason. They are great there. The sites are large, reasonably priced for sure, and there is a wonderful pool area. Our 3 year old had a wonderful time, and didn't want to leave when it was time to go! There was never any noise at night, it was just an all around great experience!!
The only thing I would change is the picnic tables are a little small, but a lot of the sites had newer bigger ones, so I think they are in the process of changing them out! I loved it there!! Thanks so much to the staff there!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank shelby1982
Reviewed 22 July 2009

This is a great campsite at great prices. Everything about this campground was fantastic. The sites were large and private, the pool was very clean, the playground was nice and there were a lot of extra things to do (bocce, horshoes, hiking, etc). The campground is conviently located to one of my favorite towns, Kimberley, which has lots to offer and do.

I would highly recommend this campground to anyone traveling through the area. For anyone insterested in hiking, there is a system of trails leading from the campground that will keep you busy for hours.

We will definately be back, hopefully next time it wont rain as much!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family