“Excellent Small Inn”
Review of Stone Gate Inn

Stone Gate Inn
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stay at the Stonegate at least 2 to 3 times a year for the past several years, most recently in December. This is an excellent small inn (about 45 rooms I think). The value for money is excellent. All rooms have fridges, microwaves, wet bars, and the suites are very spacious and have most of the conveniences of home. The bar on the main floor is very cute and the staff go out of their way to be helpful. The beds have been replaced recently and are extremely comfortable. Highly, highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are good - from the standard rooms up to the executive and luxury suites. Have stayed in...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy P
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We took a mother/daughters trip to Orillia and stayed at the lovely Stone Gate Inn. The room was great and offered 2 dbl beds (very comfy), a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, dishes, utensils. Complimentary in room coffee and bottled water, soft fluffy robes. Room service. A large washroom. Everything was very clean and modern. We used the pool/hot tub which was a nice way to unwind after a busy day. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The rates are very good and include a deluxe continental breakfast in the morning..lots to choose from: coffee, assortment of teas, milk, juices, fruit, yogurt, cereals, muffins, bagels, toast, sausages and boiled eggs. Very nice touch. Nearby is the fabulous Mariposa market. Next door is a 24 hr grocery store. Great place to stay while in Orillia. We will be back!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the standard 2 dbl's and it was lovely, so I'm sure all rooms are great!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kim n
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Stone Gate while seeing a show at casino Rama, excellent hotel and Christian at the front desk was terrific.....beautiful room, spotless, comfortable....breakfast included was great....nice stay, quiet, comfortable and not to far from the casino....

Room Tip: 2 nd floor and above, quiet....
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed 2 nights recently and are so happy we decided to give them a try. Suites are very comfortable with all the amenities needed for a great getaway. Couldn't hear a thing in our bedroom at night from other guests, very quiet. Christian and the staff are wonderful and definitely are a large part of the 5 star rating given, they are one of the reasons we would go back. My husband and I are planning on going back to the area for our anniversary and would stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We had tickets to a show at Casino Rama so we were looking for a hotel in the area. This came up in my searches so we decided to try it out.

Location:

It is in Orillia, about a 15-20 minute drive from Casino Rama. They offer a shuttle every hour on the weekends to the Casino so if you don't want to drive there is always that option.
There really isn't much around other then that, but you are a few minute drive to to the main drag of Orillia.

Service:
The service is great here. There seemed to be only a few main workers on the weekend we stayed there and they all were very friendly and helpful. You get that small town friendliness which I love. If we had any questions, the front desk was always able to answer them.

Rooms:
The rooms where fine. Nothing over the top fancy but a nice size, clean with a homey feel. The bathroom was really nice, clean and up to date. I felt like I was getting ready at home. We had a room with a King bed which was comfortable. The TV was a nice size and there was lots of channels to choose from. We had a room on the ground floor at the end of the hall (away from the bar) so we never heard any noise. I'm not sure how I would feel with a room closer to the bar as it could get noisy there at night. There is a coffee maker, small fridge and microwave in the room as well in case you want to bring snacks.

Food and Drink:
Friday nights they have a little party hosted in the bar/lounge area which seemed to be popular. We did not make it as we had other plans, but definitely a great idea to interact with the others staying at the hotel.
They offer a free continental style breakfast with your stay that was served from 7-10. It consisted of boiled eggs, sausage, bagels, toast, cereal, granola, fruit and yogurt. There was jams, juices and coffee. One of the better Continental Breakfast I have had in a hotel.

Other:
There is a 'fitness' room which is disappointing. It consisted of a treadmill (which was in rough shape) a elliptical and a weights machine (which was also in rough shape). There was really no room to do anything other in there as it was a very small room. This is probably really the only real complaint I had about the hotel (as I workout regularly and I like a gym) It did have something though, which is better then nothing.
There is a small pool off of the bar area with a above ground hot tub. The pool is not really for swimming due to the size, but the water was warm and it was nice to just get in. The hot tub was relaxing. They are open until 10pm I believe. Kept clean and worth bring your suit for.
There is free Parking all around the hotel which is a bonus (I have paid as much as $50 extra per night for parking at hotels) so this is a big +

We drove around the town and this hotel is by far the nicest one in the area. All in all, a great stay and I would recommend and if I was in the area I would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kassi22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orillia
4.4 km away
1.9 km away
The Champlain Waterfront Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection
5.9 km away
Days Inn - Orillia

Been to Stone Gate Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK