“Worth the drive to Orrilia!”
Review of Tor's Fish & Chips

Tor's Fish & Chips
Ranked #22 of 184 Restaurants in Orillia
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 13
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: One stop shop for Fish & Chips, Pan Fried Halibut, soups, salads, takeout, delivery. Halibut is cut in house 1/4 lb piece, house cut fries homemade Tartar sauce served with lemon wedge.
Reviewed 3 February 2018

I seldom stop for lunch, but I had heard great things about this restaurant from friends and thought I would find out what all the fuss was about.So this past Friday I gave it a try. I am so glad I did.

My regular weekend stop on the way to the cottage used to be at Weber's. Tor's is now my go to place for all seasons, and especially lunch!

This is the best halibut fish & chips I have had the pleasure to eat. It was simply beyond my expectations. But that was not the only great delight. The coleslaw is THE best I have had anywhere in my travels across the planet. There are now TWO great reasons to eat at Tor's. I am sure there will be more. But for those on their way to the cottage on a Friday(or any other day), touring or simply out for a drive it is worth stopping in and sampling this great hidden and undiscovered gem in Orillia!
Service is great, the staff friendly, the place clean,and the food wonderful!

It in itself, is worth the drive to Orillia!

Reviewed 31 January 2018

I'm from London and whenever lm in Orillia Tors fish and chips is the first place l head to. The staff is wonderful, very friendly. Today the owner came out to serve me, he is by far the nicest person, he makes you feel welcome and that you have come home. When l crave fish and chips it has to be Tors.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

The fish was very fresh and battered perfectly. The food was hot and portionately perfect. I will be back!

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Had there fish and chips last week, was fantastic. More than enough. Batter was crisp and fries crisp and fresh. Today well no comparison fish batter was hard, fries all I got was about 50 and they were all the outside skinned pieces. Tough hard not fresh at all. So sad will have to spread the new's this is another disappointed Fish and Chip place. Beware people go elsewhere please.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

This was the best fish & chips we’ve ever eaten. The halibut was so meaty, a huge portion, and not greasy at all! Pride of ownership was very apparent. We will be back!