“Very outdated overpriced motel”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Asked for a non smoking room, got put into a smoking room. Had a non smoking sign on the door so what gives?
They moved us but the new room had no towels. When requested told to wait until they become available. The rooms look nothing like the photo. The pillows on the bed are so old and threadbare...you may as well not even use a pillow. The breakfast was the most shocking. I have stayed at hundreds of motels and the offerings here are the worst ever. Stale bagels and jam and coffee. That is IT. We just left and this bad experience cost us $150 . For what?

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Econo L, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Front desk Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The staff are amazing I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Great location, food was good and rooms are very clean. Staff will attend to your every need for satisfaction and go above and beyond to ensure that you have a great stay at the hotel and make sure you enjoy every minute of it!

Room Tip: Love the downstairs rooms as you have a door outside
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Econo L, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Kind regards,
ML
GM

Reviewed 10 July 2017

If a place is dated, I don't really care but if its dirty - I certainly do! Paid $150 for one night's stay, the bathroom had no fan, the water pressure was really poor, the sink had a long black hair in it. One of the "clean" towels had a long black hair in it. The mini fridge door dragged on the carpet to open/close. The sheets were covered in lint and didn't look clean. The clock was not working and neither was the tv. Both the mattresses sagged badly. Did not sleep! The coffee you could actually see through - it was mostly water. You're better off camping!'

Room Tip: No elevators - have to climb with your luggage up stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank summerdriver2017
Econo L, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Operations Manager

Reviewed 7 July 2017

I have stayed at this Hotel, a number of times,but it seemed to me, that it has gone a little down-hill, since my last stay The staff was very friendly when I checked in,and was sorry that they could not give me a room with outside access, but told me that they would give me a double queen that had recently been re-vamped . The room was good, a little small, for a double queen, and looked as if it has had some up-grading,although the furnishings were a little out-dated. I really had no problems with the interior, but the exterior was another storey! The pavement was cracked, in a number of places, and the parking area was long overdue for paving. The back of the building could use a good cleanup, and the back, and side exits, also needed cleaning. The breakfast was a joke! There was a jug of juice, in the fridge, some sweet roles, some bread, and bagels, and a toaster. The only good thing, was that there was a free paper to read.I will return, when there some up-grading done. Jerry...Paris Ontario.

Room Tip: Check out the exterior
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Econo L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Dear Jerry,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Econo Lodge.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding paving and a crack in the parking lot on your recent visit. But rest assured last week we got our parking lot redone with brand new paving.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Orillia.

Kind regards,
ML

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Staff was excellent but the room smelled. Bugs in bathroom, fan hanging from the ceiling by it's wires. Toilet bolts broken so you'd wabble and have to try to keep your balance while on it.

Room 135 if the management is interested in fixing anything

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Econo L, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Operations Manager