See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We booked through Booking.com and found that what was advertised was NOT what was available. Mold in the bathroom, wet carpet outside bathroom, cracked and taped sink, broken window, electrical outlets not to code or missing, pool not operational and appears not to have been for years (however pics show a beautiful pool on sites), can see light coming from outside while in the shower (through the walls), etc etc. So many things wrong with this venue I need to warn potential guests.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2018

As there was no hotel available in Ganonoque, Gateway was the only choice.
From the outside it looked like a run down building but rooms were fine from the inside.
Service was good, there was no issue with hot water or the water pressure. It was perfect.
Breakfast was okay with some cereals, bread, butter, jam and coffee.
Overall the place was satisfactory.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Simple clean and spacious rooms, incredibly friendly staff, great water pressure, and on the quiet, greener end of town.

Having stayed at some truly terrible places over the years, I was wary when I read some of the reviews for this motel. Luckily, I also read Marc K's review "For motelers, not hotelers" and this convinced my husband and I to stay here for the evening. Marc K's review is spot on as it turned out to be a good experience and I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018

I love mom and pop roadside motels. Though it appears quite a few reviewers confuse the two. As I explained to the proprietor, it was the best water pressure I experienced in Canada over two weeks. I also loved the picture window to the marsh behind the motel. I sat drinking coffee listening the wonderful bird calls from outside. For the record, all I require is a clean room and sheets. I was very satisfied.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Marc K
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We enjoyed our stay here. The manager/owner was very nice, allowing us to make our own mixed tea in the morning. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was standard with only a few options.

Date of stay: August 2017