See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 July 2018

As there was no hotel available in Ganonoque, Gateway was the only choice.
From the outside it looked like a run down building but rooms were fine from the inside.
Service was good, there was no issue with hot water or the water pressure. It was perfect.
Breakfast was okay with some cereals, bread, butter, jam and coffee.
Overall the place was satisfactory.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Simple clean and spacious rooms, incredibly friendly staff, great water pressure, and on the quiet, greener end of town.

Having stayed at some truly terrible places over the years, I was wary when I read some of the reviews for this motel. Luckily, I also read Marc K's review "For motelers, not hotelers" and this convinced my husband and I to stay here for the evening. Marc K's review is spot on as it turned out to be a good experience and I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018

I love mom and pop roadside motels. Though it appears quite a few reviewers confuse the two. As I explained to the proprietor, it was the best water pressure I experienced in Canada over two weeks. I also loved the picture window to the marsh behind the motel. I sat drinking coffee listening the wonderful bird calls from outside. For the record, all I require is a clean room and sheets. I was very satisfied.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Marc K
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We enjoyed our stay here. The manager/owner was very nice, allowing us to make our own mixed tea in the morning. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was standard with only a few options.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SRP_254
Reviewed 13 August 2017

NO HOT WATER. NO PRESSURE. We needed a room last night and this was the only hotel with a room available. Despite some of the reviews we thought we'd take a chance. We had inspected the room but hadn't tested the water! DO NOT GO HERE!
The room we were in had spiders in the bathroom, peeling moldy paint and the shower floor was filthy looking, but we really didn't have much choice. The towels and bed were clean.
At 11pm when we came home from dinner we didn't have any hot water. They close the office so we didn't bother notifying them. I washed my makeup off with cold water.
At 7;00 a.m. the next morning we didn't have any hot water. We let the shower run for over 30 minutes. There was little to no pressure. The office didn't open until 8am and we needed to get ready and leave as we had plans for the day.
At 7:45a.m. we went to the office and finally after ringing the bell multiple times the father came to the door. When we complained about the water and asked for a discount /partial refund (we had to pay the night prior) he said "Let me show you how to use the shower..you need to let it run..it's an old building!" We let it run over 30 minutes!!! Then the son, Navi, who we'd booked with came out. He tried to tell us the same thing. Meanwhile as people were coming for their continental breakfast the father was going outside to divert them. It seemed like they'd been through this song and dance before! They refused to give us any kind of a discount. Another women came in while we were arguing and she wanted a discount too! She said they had little hot water and on/off pressure. They refused!
She said to us...it isn't Gateway Motel...it's GET AWAY! Motel.
IF you are desperate...staying here is like camping. Bugs, dirt and cold water showers!

Room tip: If you like cold showers...
Date of stay: August 2017