“Beautiful Inn”
Review of Trinity House Inn

Trinity House Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Gananoque B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Prince Regent Suite for three nights and unlike a previous reviewer, had a lovely experience. Although the room is on a lower level it was spacious, cozy and comfortable. The hot tub was more than welcome after a long day of cycling on the 1000 Islands trails. The Inn was beautifully restored, clean and comfortable and the suite was freshened as expected each day. The innkeeper, Jacques, was friendly and accommodating. We dined in the inn's restaurant one evening and enjoyed our meal. Portions were generous and the meal was good. It was prepared freshly, in-house as we spoke to the chef when he was prepping in the afternoon and we saw him prepare the chicken dish I at that evening.

I would not hesitate to recommend the inn to others.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Jacques O'Shea

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

The Trinity Inn is in a lovely old brick building in Gananoque. The owner lives in and is friendly and considerate. Our room was charming although a little on the small side -- to be expected in a building of this vintage. Dinner was superb -- I had a delicious seafood linguine in rosé sauce; my wife had scallops in a cream saffron sauce. The food was fine dining quality, yet the service was friendly and relaxed.

The Trinity is definitely worth looking into if you like a boutique type experience. Warm and friendly service, excellent food.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay here and your visit to our lovely town.
Thanks for taking the time to write a review.Regards.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

My wife and I stopped in Gananoque because we were en route from visiting family and love the area. We had a horrible experience. We stayed in the "Prince Regent Room" which was there most expensive room and looked good online. Unfortunately, the website never mentioned that the room was in the basement, musty, cold and dark. We had a package that included dinner (avoid eating here if you can) and it was horrible. Both orders we put in came wrong only to take 25 mins to be corrected. It was nowhere near the value in terms of price as one pasta dish had a tomato sauce that was just a can of Tomato soup. We also had a lasagna that was dry, and appeared to be 5 days old which we sent back. When we addressed these issues with the inn keeper he took no responsibility and seemed angry and defensive. His responses included that lasagna "tastes better days old and at room temperature" and that we should have read the guest book and used the space heaters to make the room warmer and fresher though it was 30 degrees plus outside during our stay and another staff member claimed they had fixed the problem (never happened). We've stayed at 4 other of Ontario's Finest Inns and enjoyed all f them but please, AVOID this inn at all costs. Try another inn or hotel but avoid what will surely be a negative experience!

3  Thank Mike S
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

This couple had originally booked a room on the second floor but changed it to take advantage of a special package for the Prince Regent jacuzzi suite which was advertised on Ontario's Finest Inns website.Our website describes this suite and states that "...its in the lower downstairs level with exposed limestone walls...".It has 4 chest height windows 2 of which open for cross ventalation.There is central air conditioning in the building.The suite has an electic wall heater across from the jacuzzi tub and another in the bedroom.
It was only upon my checking these people out at the end of their stay that I learned of their concerns about the suite and dining.I have investigated the dinning complaint and learned that a lasagna was sent back and a more expensive pasta dish was substituted.The server properly charged them the lower price and she checked with her customer and was told that they were satified.
I deny stating that "lasagna tastes better days old and at room temperature..." I did say that lasagna tastes better the day after it is made so that it has a chance to settle.I do take exception when I am accused of not taking ownership and responsibility.I listened to their complaints and found that a refund was not justified.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Back again to this wonderful old Inn only this time for my birthday. My birthday dinner was superb as usual and the accomodations were perfect. Our host Jacques O'Shea was most delightful and we enjoyed every moment of our stay. We will surely be visiting this Inn again. The service, the food and the atmosphere is exactly what you need to de-stress. Thanks Jacques for being such a wonderful host and providing such a great birthday experience.

Room Tip: Book Camelot room - very roomy and very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

Reviewed 8 July 2012

We (my spouse and I) had dinner here on Friday July 6th, 2012 before going to the Theatre. I have to say that I had the best filet mignon that I have ever had in my life. It cut like butter without need for a steak knife. Odered medium rare and it came medium rare - perfect! Vegetables were also cooked to perfection with a delicious sauce. For desert we shared the creme brulee - again fabulous! Thank you for a wonderful dinner. We most certainly will be back!
Carrie Leroux and Dave Webster

Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us.I am pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience.
Jacques O'shea