“FRENCH ONION SOUP!”

Ranked #3 of 135 Restaurants in Magog
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 30
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: International cuisine cooked by passionnate owners. Here are a few of our signature dishes: spicy fish 'n chips, crispy squid, royal chowder, salmon with virgin sauce, flank steak with onion marmelade, duck ravioli (foie gras), mussels. We also serve the best key lime pie in the world and Quebec's famous specialty dessert: pudding chomeur!
Reviewed 30 September 2018

Based on TA reviews for the French onion soup, duck ravioli and Caesar salad, we had our last dinner here. Funky little place downtown with customer comments written all over the walls. Everything on the menu is made in house from scratch. It seemed to be a popular spot with locals, as every other person who arrived was greeted by the chef from the open kitchen. Our waitress was very nice, kept apologizing for her English but we had no trouble communicating. My husband had the French onion soup, which he gave an 8 out of 10. My Caesar salad was good but I didn’t care for the capers. Hubby had the Simple burger, also good, and the fries were killer. My duck ravioli was good, but I would not have it again. Something new I wanted to try so not sorry I did. We enjoyed the music they had playing. Overall, we likely wouldn’t go back, but don’t take that as a negative “don’t go here” review. Just presenting our impressions. If you’d like more info on restaurants in Magog, see my reviews for Le Memphre, Café St-Michel and L’Etiquette. I also reviewed our B & B – Au Coeur du Magog.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

So very French - decor, passion for food & down to earth mood

Wall full of graffiti & comments from satiated stomachs of past - one in Arabic!
Basic menu - cooked in sight - all tasty - home cooked assured Mme Maitre D!

Calamari - lobster burger - Ratatouille all so happy food
Wine reasonably priced - limited list

No ventilation or A/C makes life jolly miserable - don’t mind sweating through eating - not while we waited!!
Happy evening... after fresh air post dinner

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We went to this little restaurant on our last night in Magog...and we were not disappointed. For starters we have Caesar Salad and brined sliced salmon. The seafood was amazing. I had the seafood combo (special) which consisted of calamari, lobster, shrimp, cod and salmon. My Son had the classic fish and chips. Everything was amazing and the service excellent. I also loved the comments written on the walls & funny pictures. All in all...a fantastic place!

Reviewed 3 July 2018

We were a group of four with no expectations walking in - and everyone had enjoyed the experience walking out. From the friendly and welcoming waitress and owners/chefs, to the truly awesome food (the salmon and lobster burger was divine), to the no-fuss atmosphere, this restaurant is not to be missed when in Magog.

1  Thank Rock66
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

After reading the great reviews, we decided to eat at Chez Sirano for dinner. Our meal was wonderful! There were 5 of us. We chose both the gazpacho soup and the French onion soup. Both were superb. The French onion soup was just full of delicious onions with what tasted like a cumin flavoring. It was one of the best onion soups I’ve ever eaten. our entrees included the calamari that was lightly fried, so totally fresh and totally delicious, a very good Greek salad, the ravioli which was al dente and so very tasty. The choices of wine were somewhat limited, but the red wine was excellent. Our server was very helpful and totally delightful. The price for the meal was also very reasonable.