All reviews tennis courts group meeting saint sauveur new year's holiday round of golf rooms are modern dining room great amenities golf package past few years flat screen tv nice outdoor pool hotel restaurant small bathroom minute drive adjoining rooms log cabin
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We booked this hotel one month in advance for a rare but, needed two day getaway. However, we found ourselves leaving after the very first night. As soon as the door opened I felt the hee bee gee bee's set in. Completely unexpected. Beds were hard and found hair on our sheets before we got in the bed, paper thin walls so much that we could hear the neighbours business in full detail if you get my drift. It was a complete waste and utter disappointement.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Was there for 3 days for a conference. The rooms varied in size with mine being on the small size. Others were quite large. Very clean. The hotel was really nice and the staff more than accomodating. Food was plentiful and really good. I would recommend coming back.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2009

The hotel is typical of hotels in this area, showing its age with a dated decor but with full amenities and lovely grounds amidst the Laurentians. The service at this hotel is among the best I've ever experienced. The staff go out of their way to assist guests. The food is wonderful, also as can be expected in this area.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Made reservation 6 weeks in advance to travel with family. Rec'd an email confirmation # and confirmation of room type and dates. Arrived early, accepted fact rooms would not be ready until 4pm. However, was told our reservation was booked for the following week and our reservation # had been transposed (2 numbers written down backwards) and in fact our reservation # was under a different name. Thankfully, I had the emails in my hand and presented the documented confirmations I was provided. We were guranteed 2 rooms, side by side by 4pm. Took children to pool area for lunch and lounging. Outdoor pool was too warm for them...at 4:15 went back to front desk to get keys. Another couple was expressing frustration that their reservation # was screwed up. The young man at the counter told them, without knowing I was standing there, that the reservation #, and those 2 rooms had been provided to another person and actually told them my name- A serious breach of privacy I'd say!!. The woman stormed off with her husband. I approached the counter and expressed my dismay with the sharing of my personal information, but did get my keys. We proceeded to get the children to the rooms to find the same couple actually in the room, without the keys , and without actually having checked in !! They entered the room as soon as the maid had completed the cleaning which we had been waiting for !! They refused to leave depsite the fact our children were in obvious need of having access to the rooms. I called the front desk from the room that was to be mine and demanded an explanation as these people were refusing to pack up their things and move along as they should have. I was told there was a mixup and that yes, I had been registered to that room however they offered no assistance to remove the people who were in the rooms.
I would also like to add that these 2 couples were exceptionally rude and foul mouthed in their native language of French, making this experience even more unacceptable than it had to be.
I went back to the front desk and demanded my deposit refund. I was provided with that.
Today, a week later, the deposit charge has been posted to my credit card again, even though I was refunded.
I have called the hotel and asked for the customer service manager to call back. Nothing yet!
I should also point out that there were no Managers on site the day of this wonderful experience and the 3 young people at the desk did not appear to know what they were doing or how they were going to solve any of the issues facing them.
I would not expect to return nor would I ever recommend it.
Stay away...

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2009

After our stay, I filled out comment card, added another page outlining my dissapointment with our stay and mailed it at my own expense (no business reply envelope provided, should have given me a clue about how much they really care). To show you the standard of their customer care, I received NO RESPONSE at all.

Did lots of research to find a place for a weekend away. Talked to very friendly receptionists who offered us everything we were looking for. Got none of it.

Room was shabby (bathroom particularly with moldy grout, broken fan and outdated decor) even though "deluxe" section. Hotel was freezing, so couldn't make use of cute reading nooks. "Queen size" beds were tiny - we were told they were "HOTEL SIZE Queens"! Tiny pool was way underheated, dirty and surrounded by dead plants despite attendant on duty. Towels for pool were tiny and FRAYING!!! TV was about 15" in a cabinet for a 30" screen. Were told we would have access to spa area throughout stay, and not just during our treatments - it was locked and we had to buzz to be let in for our massages.

If this is what you get for a deluxe room, I'd hate to see the regular one! All in all, a big waste of money and a very frustrating experience. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple