All reviews tennis courts group meeting saint sauveur new year's holiday round of golf rooms are modern dining room great amenities golf package past few years flat screen tv nice outdoor pool hotel restaurant small bathroom minute drive adjoining rooms log cabin
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I brought my mom there since I was married there 18 years ago and the hotel definitely is not properly setup for disabled people. They have a very old handicapped elevator that I could not go on with her - not impressed! We had one of the updated rooms with a great view but the restaurant and prices were very expensive. The food was good but the restaurant needs to be updated - very, very old. Also the pillows suck they are very hard - guys you need to get a variety of pillows in the room! Also no one was there to help me with my bags - it was hard to do it all by myself!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Bonjour Lee_Randy_2014,
Thanks for the evaluation. I am sorry to read that your stay did not meet your expectations. We do have installations for disabled customers but depending on the degree or the assistance needed, they might not be adapted for the customer's situation.
We hope to have you visit us again in order to change your opinion of your stay!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We are staying here on a golf package!! The grounds are wonderful. Nice outdoor pool and patio. The room is quite nice. Location is good. Bar prices a bit high!! $22 for 2 pints a bit excessive!! Otherwise, great place!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Bonjour francinelavergne!
Thank you for your review and we hope to have you visit us again soon :)

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Although we had a blast at a wedding, I cannot say that this place is outstanding. Average is the best term to describe it.
Sure it has history, a very interesting one. Let it be noted that I can appreciate and enjoy rustic or quaint old buildings but this one is a mix of an old construction that was partly renovated. For instance, our room was 'renovated' but there was clearly a few clues of what was there before and it didn't give any charm to the room, on the contrary.
In my book, as a business, you renovate fully or you don't.
In the hallways or bar and such, it's all low ceilings, you feel trapped, old, dated carpets, visible wood beams which are always nice but paired with decoration that feels like it got stuck in the 60's or 70's. Big reception rooms have the same issues. You feel like you are in the basement of your old church.
By all means, the exterior suffers from the same problems.
The food was average at best, easily forgettable.
Service was efficient and polite.

I have not visited this place during winter but the nearby ski installations were obviously dated.

Overall, this feels like a place that tries to survive by banking on its history. Even if it is easier said then done, I would demolish the whole thing and rebuild it in new. It seems like the owners are trying to extract every dime out of the place by doing piecemeal renovations. Sadly, the place still feels dated and I would pass on the term 'charming'.

Unless there is another occasion such as a wedding, I will not return to this place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Bonjour Mister_Simple_Truth,
Thank you for sharing your opinion on your recent stay with us. I understand that our property and the renovations that were recently made were not quite to your liking. However, as a hotel that has recently celebrated its 80th anniversary, we are indeed proud of our history, the product we offre, the quality of accommodation and the large diversity of activities available on site. We are also very happy to read that you had a blast at your wedding!

Au plaisir,

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The staff at this hotel was absolutely fantastic. I have experience this form of courtesy on my travels abroad but never in my hometown province. I am definitely returning in the fall......Incredible scenery and great views from my room . Plenty of activites for the kids, and adults.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Saint Agathe des Monts on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Bonjour Calvin P!
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! We are looking forward to having you visit us again this fall :)

Reviewed 1 June 2017

This was our second trip to this resort. We had been there4 years ago, prior to all of the renovations. We had such a nice time in 2013 that we were looking forward to a return trip. We booked a 3 day 2 night stay, with 1 round of golf, two evening dinners & two breakfasts included in the package. When we arrived we were pleased to see the renovations did not tamper with the mountain charm of the exterior. On arrival the service level is exceptional, and it stayed that way through the entire weekend. Our French is passable, but the staff still cheerfully switched to English when our French was not strong enough to convey exactly our message. The golf course was in excellent shape, it was the beginning of the year and the mountains seemed to have the rainfall that the lower elevations did. The fairways and greens were immaculate. We had the course nearly to ourselves. The club marshal came around a few times to see if we needed anything, if we were having a good game (how could you not, a beautiful sunny afternoon in the fresh mountain air....). After our game our room was ready. We were very pleased with the renovations. The updates were well thought out, and yet the room was not bland, like some hotels. The view of the mountains was incredible, nothing to see but mountains. The bed was exceptionally comfy, the coffee in the room better than the coffee that was served in the dining room. The two dinners we had were excellent, the staff and service are experienced, very friendly and very knowlegable. On the 2nd night the hotel was full with a large conference, and the hotel service level was still excellent. We love that the hotel kept the unique dining room as is with the glass, and the chandeliers, and the white linen table cloths. The lounge has been renovated, and the pool area updated & increased. We wanted an outdoor fire on the Saturday night, but the staff were not able to provide one, not sure why, but the bartender cheerfully built us a lovely roaring fire in the lounge for us instead. This resort is a hidden gem. We had massages on the Saturday morning. Again the staff are experienced, friendly, and we both loved our massages. There are two pools, one indoor & one outdoor, tennis courts and plenty of opportunities to go for lovely walks around the hotel grounds. The hotel is less than 15 minutes from St Saveur. I bet this hotel is far less expensive than hotels in the village, and far more charming and private and enjoyable.

Room Tip: ask for rooms on the south side, they have the nicer views of the mountains
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Bonjour Donna155004!
Wow! Thank you so much for the positive review! We are very glad to read that you enjoyed our renovations, the overall resort and service provided! We take great pride in our customer service and comments like yours make it all worth it!
We look forward to having you visit again soon!