All reviewstennis courtsgroup meetingsaint sauveurnew year's holidayround of golfrooms are moderndining roomgreat amenitiesgolf packagepast few yearsflat screen tvnice outdoor poolhotel restaurantsmall bathroomminute driveadjoining roomslog cabin
Reviewed 1 June 2017

This was our second trip to this resort. We had been there4 years ago, prior to all of the renovations. We had such a nice time in 2013 that we were looking forward to a return trip. We booked a 3 day 2 night stay, with 1 round of golf, two evening dinners & two breakfasts included in the package. When we arrived we were pleased to see the renovations did not tamper with the mountain charm of the exterior. On arrival the service level is exceptional, and it stayed that way through the entire weekend. Our French is passable, but the staff still cheerfully switched to English when our French was not strong enough to convey exactly our message. The golf course was in excellent shape, it was the beginning of the year and the mountains seemed to have the rainfall that the lower elevations did. The fairways and greens were immaculate. We had the course nearly to ourselves. The club marshal came around a few times to see if we needed anything, if we were having a good game (how could you not, a beautiful sunny afternoon in the fresh mountain air....). After our game our room was ready. We were very pleased with the renovations. The updates were well thought out, and yet the room was not bland, like some hotels. The view of the mountains was incredible, nothing to see but mountains. The bed was exceptionally comfy, the coffee in the room better than the coffee that was served in the dining room. The two dinners we had were excellent, the staff and service are experienced, very friendly and very knowlegable. On the 2nd night the hotel was full with a large conference, and the hotel service level was still excellent. We love that the hotel kept the unique dining room as is with the glass, and the chandeliers, and the white linen table cloths. The lounge has been renovated, and the pool area updated & increased. We wanted an outdoor fire on the Saturday night, but the staff were not able to provide one, not sure why, but the bartender cheerfully built us a lovely roaring fire in the lounge for us instead. This resort is a hidden gem. We had massages on the Saturday morning. Again the staff are experienced, friendly, and we both loved our massages. There are two pools, one indoor & one outdoor, tennis courts and plenty of opportunities to go for lovely walks around the hotel grounds. The hotel is less than 15 minutes from St Saveur. I bet this hotel is far less expensive than hotels in the village, and far more charming and private and enjoyable.

Room Tip: ask for rooms on the south side, they have the nicer views of the mountains
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Bonjour Donna155004!
Wow! Thank you so much for the positive review! We are very glad to read that you enjoyed our renovations, the overall resort and service provided! We take great pride in our customer service and comments like yours make it all worth it!
We look forward to having you visit again soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Love what you did with the bar, the reno looks really good. A nice mix of modern and rustic. Food is still as good as it was. Good job maintaining the quality for 40+ years.
Was fun coming back to see all the changes.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Bonjour Skippounet!
Thank you for sharing your experience!
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay!
We hope to have you visit again soon :)

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

It lookes like a great place to have an Easter Brunch, not cheap, it was $ 40.00 per person. They advertized Sushi and all kinds of Japanese delicacies. Well that was not the reality, first no Sushi, no Japanese delicacies, the buffet was pretty much like most buffet at half the price. We had problems getting the waitress to fill our coffee cup. The buffet was average at best, definitely not worth the price. Besides which they charge you 15[% for service, actually it's 12% for service and 3% for administration, which as far as I'm concerned is a rip off.
I would not recommend this palce for any meal.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claude B
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Bonjour Claude B.,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We had indeed advertised sushi on our Easter brunch menu and did not follow thru on that specific food item. However, we did serve many other things that were not advertised!
I will let my Food & Beverage manager know about the quality of the service you received. If you have a chance, please contact us directly so we may discuss the matter and collect more information!

Au plaisir,

Reviewed 13 April 2017

We had a very nice week-end at this location. The site overlooks St-Sauveur valley which provides an awesome view. If you look at the right spot you can see Montreal's Olympic Stadium mast. The place is a little old but everything is super clean, part of the hotel was updated, rooms are modern and bed super comfortable. First and foremost the staff is awesome! They are totally the best there is!!!

Room Tip: New updated rooms facing St-Sauveur, room is awesome
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Bonjour Fran!
Thank you very much for sharing your experience! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made a difference ;)

Au plaisir!

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

I understand that Mother Nature can't be controlled -and we were stuck inside during freezing rain for two days. But there is pretty much nothing to do otherwise. The pool was freezing and the hot tub was empty. On Monday they didn't even open the spa-because there were so few guests( guess we didn't count). There were few channels on tv, and they charge $6 for old dvd's.
There isn't a snack machine or area, so once your up the hill you either buy it at the bar or bring it. I guess "resort" means something different in Canada.

To me the hotel is old, very 70's, which isn't bad if done right. We liked our room and view-that was the saving grace. The beds were comfortable and we appreciated the fridge and microwave. Bathroom was fine also.

With only 13 guests in the hotel, one would think they wouldn't put them close to the rooms that were under construction. At 7 am, I didn't want to hear the work. They also turned the water off without notice-while in the shower. I had to explain on the phone they had to turn it back on immediate, not in an hour. They did, but a quick alert would have avoided that situation.
Also, the walking area from parking to doors was covered in snowy ice and work trucks, almost impassable when icy.
When I called to book I had told the girl the price I had on an online site, she said she could do it cheaper. Then when I cancelled the one we booked directly and it was more. Not cool. I tried to explain it to the front desk, they clearly didn't care. I thought maybe they would have thrown a breakfast our way after all.

If you're there in prime season maybe the place is great;but a resort is to be comfortable and fun, accommodating and a place to want to go. This was just underwhelming. I wanted it to be awesome.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Bonjour Granolamama!
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us!
Indeed, Mother Nature was not kind to us over the past week or so, forcing most of the activities to be shut down earlier than expected in the area. I’m very glad you enjoyed your room. During slower periods, we do use this time to upgrade our product and sometimes we choose to restrict the services that are offered. However, these business decisions should never impact the quality of your stay. I will most definitely follow up with my colleagues to ensure that such situations do not reoccur and affect other customers the way it affected you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!