All reviews tennis courts group meeting saint sauveur new year's holiday round of golf rooms are modern dining room great amenities golf package past few years flat screen tv nice outdoor pool hotel restaurant small bathroom minute drive adjoining rooms log cabin
Reviewed 13 April 2017

We had a very nice week-end at this location. The site overlooks St-Sauveur valley which provides an awesome view. If you look at the right spot you can see Montreal's Olympic Stadium mast. The place is a little old but everything is super clean, part of the hotel was updated, rooms are modern and bed super comfortable. First and foremost the staff is awesome! They are totally the best there is!!!

Room Tip: New updated rooms facing St-Sauveur, room is awesome
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Bonjour Fran!
Thank you very much for sharing your experience! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made a difference ;)

Au plaisir!

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

I understand that Mother Nature can't be controlled -and we were stuck inside during freezing rain for two days. But there is pretty much nothing to do otherwise. The pool was freezing and the hot tub was empty. On Monday they didn't even open the spa-because there were so few guests( guess we didn't count). There were few channels on tv, and they charge $6 for old dvd's.
There isn't a snack machine or area, so once your up the hill you either buy it at the bar or bring it. I guess "resort" means something different in Canada.

To me the hotel is old, very 70's, which isn't bad if done right. We liked our room and view-that was the saving grace. The beds were comfortable and we appreciated the fridge and microwave. Bathroom was fine also.

With only 13 guests in the hotel, one would think they wouldn't put them close to the rooms that were under construction. At 7 am, I didn't want to hear the work. They also turned the water off without notice-while in the shower. I had to explain on the phone they had to turn it back on immediate, not in an hour. They did, but a quick alert would have avoided that situation.
Also, the walking area from parking to doors was covered in snowy ice and work trucks, almost impassable when icy.
When I called to book I had told the girl the price I had on an online site, she said she could do it cheaper. Then when I cancelled the one we booked directly and it was more. Not cool. I tried to explain it to the front desk, they clearly didn't care. I thought maybe they would have thrown a breakfast our way after all.

If you're there in prime season maybe the place is great;but a resort is to be comfortable and fun, accommodating and a place to want to go. This was just underwhelming. I wanted it to be awesome.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Bonjour Granolamama!
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us!
Indeed, Mother Nature was not kind to us over the past week or so, forcing most of the activities to be shut down earlier than expected in the area. I’m very glad you enjoyed your room. During slower periods, we do use this time to upgrade our product and sometimes we choose to restrict the services that are offered. However, these business decisions should never impact the quality of your stay. I will most definitely follow up with my colleagues to ensure that such situations do not reoccur and affect other customers the way it affected you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Visited this past weekend with another couple. We were in the rustic section. They paid about 30% more to be in the newer section close to the pool/spa. I had absolutely no issues with the Rustic King room we had other than it being quite the distance from the front desk. Thru the bar, up some stairs, a few turns through dim narrow hallways, etc. The room was fairly spacious, with a log cabin wall style. The usual basics, flat screen TV, Keurig coffee maker, and a couple of chairs. Bathroom was old but clean. Little counter space and old looking shower head but workable with no shortage of hot water. We had a hair dryer, individual soaps, shampoo, & conditioner.

The rooms in the newer section were definitely nicer so if you're going to spend much time inside you may want to upgrade. Larger, much more modern, big windows, balconey, and beautiful mountain views. A fridge and sink. Nice bathroom.

As for the location, you're right on the Mont-Gabriel ski area and a short drive to St-Sauveur for dining and shopping or more ski areas. Nothing else is walkable. In summer they have a golf course.

Our walk from the end of the rustic section to the pool/spa was a trek and only once we got there did we discover that towels were not available and should be brought from the room. It was so packed with kids that we decided against going back. It was around 5 PM so everyone was back from skiing. I'd think that it would be less crowded earlier & later.

The lobby area was nice, the bar and patio area very nice. You can get light food in the bar area if you don't want the 4 course meal at the diningroom, but at $36 with a decent selection, we thought that restaurant was fairly priced.

It is true, as others have mentioned about the rustic section, that you may hear conversations (and other night time activities) from adjoining rooms. In our case it was at reasonable hours :-)

We plan to return and have already recommended it to our friends.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Bonjour Allan G!
Thank you very much for the review!
We are starting major renovations in the Rustic section in order to add many of the amenities that are now basics in our Superior section. Also, we are tackling our bathrooms at the same time!

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to having you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Stayed at Hotel Mont Gabriel a few weeks ago for a weekend... rooms were lovely, modern and clean. Hotel staff were very friendly especially the bartenders, and you receive a discounted price on the lift tickets when you purchase from the hotel instead of from the mountain. Having the hotel half way up the mountain was a huge bonus and great for not having to lug all your equipment around. The only thing I would have liked improved was the quality of the towels in the rooms and maybe having the kitchen open a little longer to enjoy some food right after a night ski... we ended up ordering food for delivery instead which still worked out and tasted delicious. Would 100% come back for another stay, next ski season!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Bonjour Victoria!
Thank you very much for your review and we hope to have you visit again soon :)

Jessica C.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Nice location at the top of the hill. We enjoyed the great view. Perfect place for skiing, with no lines for the lift. Food were expensive and nothing that we could really enjoy. We liked the lit up fireplace and enjoyed the pool and hut tub.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mariola A
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

Bonjour Mariola A!
Thank you for the comments regarding your stay! I will transfer your comments about the price of the food to my colleagues as they will evaluate the situation.
Au plaisir!