All reviews tennis courts pool bar group meeting nice week great tennis new year's holiday round of golf saint sauveur great amenities dining room golf package past few years hotel restaurant small bathroom minute drive their website stayed one night
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Nice location at the top of the hill. We enjoyed the great view. Perfect place for skiing, with no lines for the lift. Food were expensive and nothing that we could really enjoy. We liked the lit up fireplace and enjoyed the pool and hut tub.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mariola A
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

Bonjour Mariola A!
Thank you for the comments regarding your stay! I will transfer your comments about the price of the food to my colleagues as they will evaluate the situation.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Really good looking resort. Has a rustic feel, but looks newly renovated. St. Mortiz bar is a great spot to grab light fares and drinks; pool-tables and comfortable chairs in all public spaces. Firewood burning in the fireplace makes for a great atmosphere at the bar. Service is great and even though the bartender's didn't know how to make the drink I wanted, she still made a valiant effort and with a smile (didn't do too bad a job)
A lot of families with young kids as you'd expect at a winter resort. Didn't get it make use of all amenities, but the restaurant and bar had great food. Rooms are very nice, simple, and with comfortable beds. Great view out of my window. Looking at a ski slope from the balcony.

Date of stay: February 2017
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

Bonjour Zarif K!
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that your stay went as well as planned!
We work hard to ensure that our customers have the best stay possible!

We look forward to seeing you again soon :)

Reviewed 17 February 2017

Great resort for a getaway. Room rates are somewhat pricey without breakfast provided.
After we checked in, they asked us to enter our room through side doors of the building and it was not convenient at all with the snow covered all over the steps. The stairway is very narrow, find it uncomfortable with our hands full of our baggage.

Room tip: The view of Mont Saint Sauveur is great if weather is nice.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2017

Bonjour Renee C!
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our resort for your getaway! If you visited us on a weekend, we are indeed a little pricier than on weekdays. I will have the side entrances verified by our maintenance staff to ensure optimal safety for our guests!

Reviewed 10 February 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights over a weekend, my first time staying in the area. I had very high hopes for this place as it was listed as a 4-star. I really do want to give it a higher rating for its charm, location and amenities, but I feel the bad are on important things here

The GOOD:
I found it to be well located at the top of the hill with really great views,a nice quiet area
Had a great cozy log cabin feel to it in the "Rustic" wing we were staying, very quaint
Loved the different corridors leading to hidden nooks with lit up fire places
I enjoyed the pool, hot tub and sauna access; has a gym, but didn't get to use it
There is great character in the different areas and you can see the evolution of the hotel through time in the add-ons and improvements
Found the staff to be nice and courteous
Thank you for the free parking and free wi-fi

The Not so Good, wish some of these had been included like in other hotels/B&Bs:
no bathrobe, tis a very cold winter season and it would feel great to have one
no mini fridge, no water bottles, no ice in room
no shampoo/conditioner, anything from the hotel spa?
i believe in environmentally friendly options, but the shower hand soap dispenser was not inviting. What product was in that dispenser?

The BAD:
woke up the first morning, opened the curtains and discovered a dying fly on the table, looked down and found a dead fly on the floor. did not look any further to see if there were more, didn't even want to think about it

going into the bathroom to take a shower; first thing to pop into my mind was that CLR commercial, the shower head was in need of a good cleaning. bathtub had some light yellowish stains, not inviting me to take a bath after a long day in the cold

THIN room walls! yes, you can hear your neighbor talking and doing "other" couple activities

Had breakfast there just once, buffet style is just fine, but the potatoes were dry, sausages/bacon slightly overcooked and just a bit over $40 for 2 people? next morning drove 10 mins to town and paid less for a better à-la-carte breakfast

lastly, perhaps the worst part of the stay, on the last day, went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I placed my toothbrush and paste on the shelf above the toilet while I put my contact lenses on. Then I noticed the tissue box on the shelf was not sitting flat on the shelf. I lifted the tissue box to find the previous visitor's used contraceptive. Very nasty!

sure, I can think these are small things to fuss over, but it speaks to the cleanliness of the place and housekeeping. I can tell you that I did tip the cleaning lady anyway, simple courtesy for the service she was about to do

if you want to stay here, maybe pick a room in a more modern updated room

Room tip: choose an updated modern-looking room!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2017

Bonjour Maria! Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We truly appreciate constructive comments such as yours. I am very glad to hear that there was so much that you enjoyed about your stay! We are currently in the midst of renovation and the only wing left to be done is the Rustic section. Once these units will be updated, our 135 rooms will have been renovated. We will then have most of the unpleasantness of this section resolved. As for the amenities available in the room, we have been trying to go down a more eco-friendly road. However, I have to admit; we have pushed the envelope a little too far and are now reinstating most of the standard amenities in the bathrooms. As for the cleanliness of the bathroom, the situation was already brought to the attention of our Housekeeper and team. I can assure you that there will be a follow up on this matter. This type of situation is completely unacceptable and we need to make sure that is shall not happen again. If ever you wish to come visit us again, please feel free to contact me directly. I will personally ensure that your stay is up to your expectations.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Hotel Mont Gabriel over the New Year's holiday. The grounds are spectacular and the location is off the beaten path so you feel like you're staying at the world's best kept secret resort!The resort is expansive with multiple additions so that you have to wind up and down corridors to get from the Reception area to your room. For the guests who are less interested in meandering through the corridors, thankfully there is ample parking and a map to guide you to your wing of hotel for exterior access.
The resort looks and feels like an Old World ski lodge. There's beautiful woodwork throughout, along with fine artwork and antiques. However, the rooms have been nicely updated to have a Scandinavian feel to them, so you almost felt like you're staying in a room designed by IKEA.
The hotel has fine dining and multiple banquet rooms available which are perfect for wedding receptions. It also has a family friendly tavern in the basement which serves food,and has pool tables and various games available.
The spectacular views are endless! No matter the season, this place is wonderful! Lots of outdoor activities for every season are available on site or within a short distance from hotel.
The only complaint I had was that the mattresses were hard...no pillow top mattresses here. Even my kids remarked on how they couldn't sleep well because of hard mattresses, and my kids can sleep comfortably on the floor!
The hotel was clean and smelled fresh, the rooms were clean and tidy, the food was great,the staff was couteous. All were perfectly bilingual in French and English, and perhaps other languages as well. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jessica C, Manager at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Hello Carol Ann M!
Thank you very much for your rave review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

We hope to see you again soon!