All reviews spa bath cocktail bar sky tv electric blinds pirate ship tree lined drive coffee machine rainfall shower main restaurant all mod cons booked a table staff were attentive lovely hotel scallops lovely setting cooked to perfection lovely room
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely place in beautiful, peaceful surroundings. We were greeted by lovely, helpful reception staff who showed us to a bright, airy and spacious ground floor room with doors opening onto a ‘kitchen garden’ courtyard. The bathroom was a huge ‘wet room’. We enjoyed a superb meal in the restaurant and the staff were attentive and accommodating. We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay here and would be happy to go back!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

I booked the Oaksmere hotel as I booked a Hot air balloon ride for my other half. We was booked in very quickly and flawlessly. The lady took us up to our room and showed us around and how everything worked. Unfortunately our hot air balloon ride was cancelled but the staff were wonderful, bought our evening meal forward by 2 hours. Every member of staff we met or come across were amazing! Couldn't fault one of them! They did everything they possibly could to make our stay special! We had a fresh fruit platter and a bottle of wine for our room, the wine was the one I asked for and the fresh fruit platter was better than what I could have asked for! Our room was beautiful, the view was unreal. We stayed in room 2 (the Patterson). The bed was extremely comfortable the room was clean and the bathroom was to die for! I would go and stay here again in a heartbeat! I would like to thank everyone that worked the Thursday 19th and Friday 20th or April as you was all incredible! The food in the restaurant was beautiful! The service was second to none! Highly recommend the Oaksmere hotel and restaurant.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2018

I stayed here as I was on business in nearby Diss. I usually stay in Ipswich and travel in as I am a bit of a “chain” fan when travelling for work as there is usually a solid reliability to what you get at the end of the day. This hotel though is spectacular for value at less than a reasonable chain for bed and breakfast on the night I booked. The approach to the hotel is gorgeous, the building beautifully renovated to show its original quite ancient charm and tastefully extended to give a wonderful contemporary feel. Immaculately clean my room that was a double had a huge bathroom with rain forest shower, lovely decor, really comfortable bed, electric window blinds, sky tv and blue tooth speakers in the bedroom and bathroom. Toiletries and tea/coffee plus an honesty mini bar. I ate in the restaurant that had an open kitchen and solid menu. The food was very good and medium priced - the place was busy and the service good and attentive. Breakfast was the same. The dining room was not full of people like me (workiing) that is what comes with a chain and therefore make you feel comfortable but I didn’t feel awkward being the only one doing that. Overall I thought the hotel was a great find, I would recommend it for business and a little break in Suffolk.

1  Thank marySEEngland
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the oaksmere and was put in room 10. The door to the room is so small it would only be considered a half a door if you are lucky. When you are in the room it has 3 low beams which is fine if you are short. What a disappointment

Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Nigel L
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Have stayed at The Oaksmere a couple of times now. Previous stay was a bit hit & miss (May 2017), but must congratulate the staff on turning this around to all positives.
The Hotel/Restaurant is lovely, the bar is good as well. Staff very friendly & helpful.
Check In very quick and easy, room lovely (Room 12).
Restaurant was excellent, asked for a vegan option as not shown on menu, the chef produced a meal which I'm told was lovely.
Hats off to all the staff for a good stay. We will be back again soon.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple