US$ 68
US$ 65
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Village Garden Bungalows Kho Mook(Ko Muk)(Great Value!)
US$ 36
US$ 27
US$ 120
US$ 114
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewswonderful stayswimming poolpolished concretefree bikeslovely pooloutdoor showerrain showeremerald cavegreat coffeeperfect hotelbike ridesmall hotelon site restaurantbeautiful placeprivate boatfresh seafoodother hotels
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

The quality of the people is what makes Mook Lamai such a wonderful place to stay. Tid is an excellent & knowledgeable resort manager and was so helpful and welcoming to my family for the duration of our stay. The rest of the team are professional and efficient from the restaurant staff to housekeeping and even the motorcycle taxi drivers (all wearing the resort branding).

The resort is located inland but it is only a short motorcycle taxi ride away (free until 7pm) from both beaches. It is also a short walk to the main shopping area of the village. Koh Mook has a surprising number of shops & restaurants, most of which are in reasonably close proximity to the resort. It’s a fairly low-key island, but walking around is a good way to get some insight into island life.

Mook Lamai is a beautifully constructed small resort with an excellent pool (very popular during our stay). The on-site restaurant is of a very high quality and offers cooking classes for a reasonable price. Our room was small but very comfortable and always spotlessly clean.

We arranged transfers from Trang airport and to Trang railway station with Lamai (who is the owner and who speaks English fluently). The process was seamless on both occasions and riding on a long boat to the island was great fun.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for five nights and were thoroughly impressed. The staff and management always went above and beyond. The resort was very well kept and the rooms were lovely. The air conditioner was quiet and worked very well (not always the case in Thailand).

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Very nice resort in the middle of the island. Only 15 minutes walking from the pier to the resort.
Just in front of the resort there is a small shop.

The breakfast was nothing special but ok. A choice of American breakfast or pancakes or healty breakfast.

The food in the restaurant was also nice. Every day you saw people from other hotels again at dinnertime so I think it was the best place on the island to eat.
Softdrink 40 bath, small chang 65 bath, dishes 100-150 bath.

Private longtailboot to Koh Ngai 1500 bath (45 minutes).

Tid is so kind and good for the guests. He knows almost everybody on the island and makes your stay lovely.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic stay at this small hotel. We had a bungalow away from the pool (which suited us perfectly as we had our own privacy). The rooms are pretty and clean - not huge but well thought through to make your stay comfortable. The grounds are well kept and their restaurant is truly delicious. Some of the best Thai food on the island and a lovely atmosphere. The hotel location is in the middle of the island which may not seem great on first sight but in fact we loved it as we could easily access both sides of the island (whereas you would have been a bit stuck on one of the beaches). They had free bikes for guests and it is a 10min bike ride to the nearest beach) and they would also always take us for free on their tuk tuk if we wanted. But the best thing about this property is the team - all the staff are so lovely. There are nice little extras like a little cake in the evening each day but also they go out of their way to help you arrange everything (without ripping you off). They helped us arrange boats back to the mainland then helped us change it when we realised we had got the wrong one - all with a smile! You really had the feeling that they love the place and wanted to make sure all their guests were happy - this is such a rare attitude. Oh -and the massages they arrange are great too! The price/value is fantastic - highly recommend it.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Traveling a lot through Southeast Asia for many years now, I've found that either your choices are more of a basic backpacker bungalow, or in the last few years, more, and more luxury resorts way out of most travelers such as myself, price budget. Mook Lamai Resort meets the mark being that perfect combination of a boutique resort, with all the luxuries you are looking for, and intimate service and attention of a smaller hotel.
The first difference you will notice that makes this place stand out from the rest , is the service. It's top notch. Tid, the resident manager made us feel at home the
Minute we arrived. His smile and presence will make sure your stay there is perfect, no matter how big or small your request, he will find a way to make sure it's done! This is the way customer service should be. We didn't had the pleasure of meeting the owner, Miss Lamai, who was out of town when we were there, but her letters of correspondence were exquisite and made a great first impression when I wrote for my booking.
On all my travels in Thailand, this is now the type of accommodation I seek, but rarely find in this every changing country.
We booked a pool view villa which I highly recommend since you are close enough , just a few steps to dive right in the beautiful color changing pool right in the center of the property. The villas here all all unattached so there's lots of privacy and quiet, for some of the best nights sleep we had on our entire trip. The beds had luxury linen and great mattress, along with great lighting which I love to have in my room, being able to keep the room at a low light in the evenings really creates the best atmosphere! I loved the modern design and high end feel to everything about this place. It's a stunning property and you can tell that a lot of time and love went into creating it.
The open shower was one of my favorite additions as well, allowing you to shower in a seperate part of the bathroom, basically outdoors! And the upgraded rain shower felt amazing. The room was full of lots of upgrades, your own coffee/ tea pot, a private safe, cable TV , and a wonderful front and back deck. This is not just a room, it's a large villa! They even had larger ones for families. The pool rooms looked really nice too, and basically you could open your door and jump right into the pool, but we opted for the private villa a bit away from the pool which made it more quiet.
The breakfast was fantastic, a wonderful selection served with delicious cappuccinos as well! We had dinner there also one night, incredible Thai curries and fresh seafood, you barely needed to leave this beautiful place! But Koh Mook is a great island, and we couldn't miss the cave! It was suggested by the guide books to hire a private early morning boat to take us to the cave, and I'm so glad we did! We booked our private boat through the hotel and it was the best, most professional tour we had on our whole trip! Getting to the cave that early in the morning was perfect , before the crowds, we loved having it to practically ourselves! It was stunning.
This resort not being right on the beach was no problem, they provided free rides anywhere, anytime all over the island. They picked us up at the pier, drove and picked us up from dinner, and brought us back to the pier when it was time to leave. I loved being on this side of the island. It was walking distance to a small little local area with wonderful restaurants , shops and a great massage place! I loved being away from the crowds of tourists, and the feel of being part of the local culture of this lovely island. There were also extra touches every we're, like fresh desserts delivered to your room in the evening to end your day, and the beautiful changing lights in the pool at night, you will be impressed. I sure was . Mook Lamai really set the bar high when seeking a place that can meet up to this new luxury type of hotel that I hope to find as I continue my travels. In the meantime, I will just have to keep coming back to Koh Mook and Mook Lamai Resort . Thank you for a wonderful, unforgettable stay!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends