US$ 25
Nature Hill(Ko Muk)
  • Free Internet
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewssivalai beach resortemerald cavelong tail boatfront rowlow tidehilltop restaurantthai foodsecond rowbeautiful locationwhite sandclear waterstayed here for nightsrooms are largelocal schoolnearby villagetuk tukmosquito net
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We came here to found a quiet and peaceful scene, and we encountered a very paradisiac place. All the ingredients to make it memorable: palm trees, white sandy beach, spacious and confortable bungalows very well equipped and thought. Its a peaceful place.
However we were very disappointed by the staff, talking about the reception and the restaurant. Job is done, but it seems like if you where disturbing them, and each time you ask for something its getting on their nerves or upsets them.
Ex breakfast: a waiter comes to you to let you know you only have exactly 7 minutes to help yourself if you need something else.
Reception: same story not nice and not helpful.
I totally understand the importance of keeping a straight and organized, but come on!! I have been running a hotel for seven years, and that's not at all the way my staff was acting! Its not at all representative of the Thailand welcoming reputation and far from what is hosting and particularly with luxury.
We came to Thailand about 6 time, perhaps, mentality as changed... with regrets.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Sivalai, Manager at Koh Mook Sivalai Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you very much for your review.
We are sorry to hear about that .Not our policy we will find the problem and correct them.
All the year we try to improve our service that you can read from previous reviews.
Hope to welcome you again in the near future, please email: contact@komooksivalai.com

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Beautiful beach, only for this it's worse the visit... room are nice as well but depends where you are located because, food it's nice, many families with kids but the area it's big so no disturbance if you are looking for some quite with your beloved... I will come back

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gabriele B
Sivalai, Manager at Koh Mook Sivalai Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Friendly, helpful staff with a beautiful setting and a fun, relaxing atmosphere to compliment excellent service, nice bungalows and great food. If you want a relaxing and enjoyable stay on one of the islands on the Andaman coast of Thailand, Sivalai Resort on Koh Mook is a great choice. I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Sivalai, Manager at Koh Mook Sivalai Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I visited this beautiful resort a few years back and walked it's beautiful beaches dreaming of coming back to stay here. And a few years later.. here I am! We booked a semi ocean view, that seemed good enough right? Well there are two ocean views from these bungalows.. and the ones you can book for the lesser price have views out to the less scenic ocean, ( on the right, facing all the noisy long tail boats) and the huts are considerably smaller. Luckily after some argument about my reservation I was given the proper bungalow with the ocean view I had booked ( they tried to give me one of the other ones because I had booked a long time ago at a low price, but clearly had booked a upgraded bungalow ) the manager wanted me to pay more! so be cautious of this. Our room we got was beautiful, and things went uphill a bit from there. These rooms are huge! And have Amazing decks, but the heat is a bit overwhelming at times and hard to enjoy them! There is no fans in the beautiful huge bathrooms, or lack of windows for circulation of air. It was stifling in there! Air con in the rooms, but the bathrooms were a sauna. The beach has gone down a bit downhill with irrigation over the years, and the beautiful sandbar was off limits for swimming because of the current. There was very little shade anywhere except under the chair umbrellas so it was hard to go swimming or enjoy the beach. The breakfast included was very good and plentiful. I usually hate the big Buffets, but this one was good, and the restaurant was big so it didn't feel too crowded. The staff was nice, and really tried. But my first impression with the manager checking in was not necessary and could have left me with a better first impression if they weren't trying to take a bit of advantage of the upsell which I hate as a frequent traveler and have seen many times before. This place is nice, but pricey and too big to be personal which I'm looking more for on my travels, but that's just me. I feel for the price there should be Internet in all the rooms, not just in the lobby and the restaurant. You shouldn't have to leave your beautiful room to send a email back home or upload pictures. But there's TVs in all the rooms? I don't need a tv on vacation! I'm a writer and having internet is necessary in keeping up with my work and photos.. most people feel this way, this should be updated . This place has two pools and seems more family orientated, lots of kids! This place would be good for some..but not everyone!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank elizacass
Sivalai, Manager at Koh Mook Sivalai Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Beautiful views right on beach. However very isolated hotel if that is what you are looking for. There is no where to eat so you must eat in hotel restaurant. We are booked here for 5 nights but are only staying 4. We have our teenage daughter with us and this hotel is not really for families. Little to do especially this time of year. We asked as a courtesy to refund us for the one night and would not do. We actually asked them over a week before we got here for a refund but we had missed the deadline, we understand our fault. However expedia said they would refund us if hotel approved. So for more than a week the staff at hotel could not get in touch with owner or management.
also only chairs on beach ate surrounded by workers all day everyday so must sit at pool. so think twice and read all reviews before booking hotel. which is not easy to get to.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Beth K
Sivalai, Manager at Koh Mook Sivalai Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Dear Sir Madam,
Thank you for your review.
You have visited us during green season, the travelers on the island might not be so crowded as high season but the minimarts and the restaurants always open for a whole year since there are the villagers live here.
Furthermore, the resort provides various choice of activities such as biking, kayaking, massages, swimming pools. In sunny day, you can simply ride the bike around the village or go to the other side of the island to explore other beaches.
Unfortunately, our Front Office Manager was on holiday while you were with us. However, our staffs have informed her and the upper management already about your issue. We are so sorry that our staffs are unable to accept your request right away due to rights of the authorization. Kindly be sure that we never ignore any complains or comments from the guests. We will keep you informed on any updates we receive from our management team.
Sivalai Team