Beautiful complex and good location. Lots of staff to greet upon arrivals or departures. One of the best welcomes was the hot chocolate we were given a very small cup of to enjoy upon arrival by Naomi at the conceirge who was extremely helpful, friendly and pleasant during our stay. Unfortunately they dont give that chocolate sample out again, only for arrivals and dont sell the mix either! I was hooked on hot chocolate after that during my whole stay at the Palazzo for 4 nites and So Africa for the entire week and had to make do with the complimentary packaged ones provided in our room which was not quite as good. Fresh apples at the front desk, fitness center and free bottles of water as well which was nice. Our room was rather small for the price but had a nice view of the pool area which was beautiful but closed during our stay. Room Decor was good quality in a lovely tuscany style with usual amenities. Easy walking distance to complex shopping center and casino which had many good restaurants to choose from. There is also a bigger and less expensive shopping center about three blocks from hotel which is definitely worth visiting for gifts and shopping. There is a bird garden next to hotel that you can visit for a small price and is a quick interesting thing to do if you have a couple extra hours to check out the various bird species. Booked a half day tour to Soweto and around Johannesburg while there which was interesting, informative and included visits to historical sites such as Mandela's house, Desmond Tutu's house, museum and apartheid disparities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recreating the look and feel of old-style Mediterranean glamour, without compromising on modern luxury, the Palazzo hotel is a treat for all of the senses. The 246 beautifully-appointed rooms include Standard, Deluxe, Executive and Superior Rooms as well as King Suites, a lavish, opulent Penthouse and bespoke Presidential Suite. Every room is equipped with all of those small touches that add to your comfort - direct-dial phones, tea and coffee stations, mini bars, 24-room service, free WiFi and electronic safes to list but a few. Highlights to add to your stay include the Mangwanani Spa Boutique, a fully-equipped fitness centre, business centre, Montecasino Entertainment Complex, delicious Mediterranean dining at Medeo Restaurant, relaxing cocktails at Cafe Rialto, conference rooms and many more. Outdoors, a large swimming pool invites you to dip into its cool waters to escape the heat of a long day, while the poolside area beckons hours of relaxation as you let your mind finally unwind from the daily pressures of life. This is the start of your experience at the Palazzo in Montecasino... Book now to discover what else lies ahead. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Palazzo Montecasino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palazzo Montecasino Hotel Fourways
- Palazzo Montecasino Johannesburg
- Palazzo Montecasino Hotel Johannesburg
- Montecasino Hotel